Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

bailey's 50 for 2013

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by bailey (last edited Feb 01, 2013 03:06PM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments Hopefully, this year I'll actually make it!

January:
1. Bloom Finding Beauty in the Unexpected--A Memoir by Kelle Hampton 2. Gone for Good by Harlan Coben 3. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot 4. Wake of the Perdido Star by Gene Hackman 5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) by Ransom Riggs 6. Belle de Jour Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl by Belle de Jour 7. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane 8. American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis 9. We Thought You Would Be Prettier True Tales of the Dorkiest Girl Alive by Laurie Notaro

message 2: by bailey (last edited Oct 14, 2013 06:17PM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments reading goals for 2013:
-at least 5 non-fiction books (5 down - Met Goal)
-either Les Miserables or Anna Karenina
-at least 15 books on my TBR bookshelf (15 down - Met Goal)
-at least 5 "classics," including one Dickens and one Hemingway (1 down)
-no more than 5 books I've already read (2 down)

message 3: by bailey (last edited Feb 26, 2013 08:10AM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments February:
10. Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart 11. I Am Half Sick Of Shadows (Flavia De Luce, #4) by Alan Bradley 12. Zeitoun by Dave Eggers 13. I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak 14. The Day My Brain Exploded A True Story by Ashok Rajamani 15. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt 16. Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson

message 4: by bailey (last edited Mar 30, 2013 07:56AM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments March:
17. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 18. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman 19. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 20. Tell No One by Harlan Coben 21. The Happiness Project Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin 22. The Alienist (Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, #1) by Caleb Carr 23. The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell

message 5: by bailey (last edited May 02, 2013 05:22PM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments April:
24. A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) by George R.R. Martin 25. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro 26. Shelter (Mickey Bolitar, #1) by Harlan Coben 27. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer 28. Don't Breathe a Word by Jennifer McMahon

message 6: by bailey (new)

bailey | 12 comments May:
29. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan

message 7: by bailey (new)

bailey | 12 comments June:
30. The Magicians (The Magicians, #1) by Lev Grossman 31. Vampires in the Lemon Grove Stories by Karen Russell 32. Carry On, Warrior Thoughts on Life Unarmed by Glennon Melton

message 8: by bailey (last edited Aug 03, 2013 08:13AM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments July:
33. The Dangerous Animals Club by Stephen Tobolowsky 34. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple 35. Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead by Sara Gran 36. Insane City by Dave Barry 37. Speaking from Among the Bones (Flavia de Luce, #5 ) by Alan Bradley 38. Looking for Alaska by John Green 39. The Shining (The Shining, #1) by Stephen King 41. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

message 9: by bailey (last edited Oct 14, 2013 06:06PM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments August:
42. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld 43. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini 44. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman 45. The Girls of Atomic City The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II by Denise Kiernan 46. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight 47. Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan 48. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King 48. Six Years by Harlan Coben

message 10: by bailey (new)

bailey | 12 comments September:
49. & Sons by David Gilbert 50. Mo' Meta Blues The World According to Questlove by Questlove 51. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham 52. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp 53. A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin

message 11: by bailey (last edited Oct 26, 2013 07:00AM) (new)

bailey | 12 comments October:
54. The Cider House Rules by John Irving 55. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier 56. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving

message 12: by bailey (new)

bailey | 12 comments November:
57. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri 58. The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells 59. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides