Bookworm Buddies discussion

Bookworm Chatter > Happy New Year, Bookworm Buddies!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 4025 comments Hope you all have a very happy and safe new year! Anyone have plans for tonight?

I live in Dallas, and there are lots of crazy people here and usually lots of drunk driving accidents, so my husband and I stay home and do fun stuff here.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 233 comments Happy New Year everyone!

I'm working until about 9:30. We were invited to a NYE party, but my husband has to work in the morning and I'm still getting over a cold, so we're just staying home. My 6 year old insists he's staying up until midnight, so I said I would wait up with him when I get home from work, but I'd be very surprised if he even makes it until then. I think the latest he's ever made it is about 9:00 lol.

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2971 comments Happy New Year everyone.

We're staying home today. It's a bummer though because my husband has to work.

message 4: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 14025 comments Mod
HAPPY HAPPY New Year to all my GR friends and Bookworm Buddies! May you all have a very properous, safe, and healthy new year.

message 5: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Happy New Year everyone.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 31, 2012 10:09AM) (new)

Happy New Year to all my GR friends and Bookworm Buddies! You've helped make it a fun year. Wishing you all the best in 2013, with lots of good reading and good times on GR! (My hub and I are just planning a quiet night at home tonight. Too many crazies out on the roads!)

Rachel the Book Harlot Happy New Year, Everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful new year.

I'm spending NYE with the family tonight; my mother is making a special dinner. :)

message 8: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Happy New Year! I'll be celebrating with my family this year--lots of food, laughs, and love :-)!

I hope you all have a great day!

message 9: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

30 MINUTES TO GO here in Texas!!!!!!!

message 10: by Rachel (last edited Dec 31, 2012 10:59PM) (new)

Rachel HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

message 11: by GeneralTHC (last edited Jan 02, 2013 12:20PM) (new)

GeneralTHC Terri wrote: "Happy New Year to all my GR friends and Bookworm Buddies! You've helped make it a fun year. Wishing you all the best in 2013, with lots of good reading and good times on GR! (My hub and I are just planning a quiet night at home tonight. Too many crazies out on the roads!)"

That's the way to bring it in all right, IMO. It took me WAY too long to realize that, though. :)

message 12: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeshirk) | 556 comments Happy New Year everyone!

message 13: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 4025 comments Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you all had a safe celebration!

Mark and I stayed at home, ate pizza, and had fun with our sweet kids...I mean, sweet kitties. :)

Looking forward to 2013. I think 2012 was a really rough year for everyone in America. I would say elsewhere in the world, but I'm referring to specific things which took place in 2012, and I live in the U.S. of A. My hope is 2013 is a much better year for all of us and our country. I feel like after the bumpy ride we had last year, we deserve a much better year.

Ok, sorry to be so gloomy, but it was something on my mind, and it brings me to: GOODREADS CHALLENGE!!!!!! I'm excited to start a new year of good reads! I finished 2012's challenge 30 minutes before 2013. haha! I read 40 books last year, so, I'm thinking of challenging myself to 45 for 2013.

message 14: by Meryl (new)

Meryl (crossconnect) Happy New Year to all of you. May 2013 give us a lot of time to explore new avenues, read more books and grow closer in friendship. May every day see you happier and healthier.

God bless you and do keep all of us in your prayers. I will be facing my twelfth grade board exams in a month.(I will not be active on Goodreads until April.:( )

message 15: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 4025 comments Kyle ~Special K: Rebel Leader~ wrote: "I'm proud to say I completed my 2012 Goodreads Challenge. I completed 50 of the books I said I would read in 2012. Yay!"

Yay! Congrats!

message 16: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Gratz Kyle!

message 17: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Kyle ~Special K: Rebel Leader~ wrote: "I'm proud to say I completed my 2012 Goodreads Challenge. I completed 50 of the books I said I would read in 2012. Yay!"

Yay, I'm so very happy for you, Kyle!!

Happy New Year, everyone!

message 18: by Rachel the Book Harlot (last edited Jan 01, 2013 04:47PM) (new)

Rachel the Book Harlot Meryl wrote: "I will be facing my twelfth grade board exams in a month.(I will not be active on Goodreads until April."

Good luck with your exams, Meryl.

message 19: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) Happy New Year!!!

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Meryl wrote: "Happy New Year to all of you. May 2013 give us a lot of time to explore new avenues, read more books and grow closer in friendship. May every day see you happier and healthier.

God bless you and ..."

good luck meryl!

message 21: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Kyle ~Special K: Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Kyle ~Special K: Rebel Leader~ wrote: "I'm proud to say I completed my 2012 Goodreads Challenge. I completed 50 of the books I said I would read in 2012. Yay!"

Yay, I'm so very hap..."

You are very welcome! Thank YOU!