Bookaholic Anonymous discussion

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3)
This topic is about The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset
Books! > The Hunger Games Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) | 671 comments Mod
This discussion will contain spoilers. If you have not read the books yet - see yourselves warned

I haven't personally read the books, and won't be reading them because quite honestly the subject scares me (more so because it's so possible it will happen), and for other personal reasons, but I know it's a great series that many just adore - so feel free to discuss it here with other fans of the books!

Have fun!

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 144 comments That is unacceptable! Read it!

message 3: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (nitzanafterwords) | 671 comments Mod
Sorry, many have tried to convince me to and I simply won't.
The idea behind it--a reality TV show where kids fight kids to the death--scares the shit out of me, and since I despise reality TV anyhow and agree with the messages the book delivers, I decided to spare myself. I don't think any less of people who love reality TV (all my friends adore it. It's simply very very not my taste), or people who love the Hunger Games--I know those are very good books, plot wise and writing wise.
I still won't read them for those ideological reasons. I refused to watch the movie for the same reason.
And trust me, my cousin, uncle, best friend and friends on Goodreads have tried to convince me to read, but I stand by myself :>

(Oh, by the way, I know a lot about what happens in the books. I read on wiki to keep myself detached from the characters. I can carry on a full conversation with my cousin on the books despite never reading any of them. I like to know what I miss and whether book 2 and 3 are any less horrible with the future they show so that'll know if I can handle it. The answer was Can't, but I still ended up with lots of knowledge on the events in the books...)

Anyway, have fun discussing it with people who have read it (i.e half of the world)!
This thread is for you guys to have fun with! :D

Martini - Gothsong  (gothsong) I want to read these so bad!! So many on my 'to read' list :P

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacydora) | 59 comments My second favorite Young Adult series out there! (After Harry Potter)

I would love to discuss the politics and ideology of these books with anyone who has finished them. Be warned, I get really into it. =)

message 6: by Angel (new)

Angel (angel4sue) After "The Hunger Games" - "The Maze Runner" series by James Dashner. Really good and different.

Francine Soleil (francinesoleil) it was bit of a snowball for me. starts good but ends kinda meh. I've kinda predicted a bit of the ending. The deaths do break my heart though.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I read this trilogy in university, before going to see the movie with my roommates. I went through them very fast, and enjoyed the stories. I thought that "Catching Fire" was the best one, and was disappointed in the ending of "Mockingjay."