New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Monthly Group Reads > *CLOSED* February book suggestions

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 500 comments We have now choosen our first group read so it is time to start suggesting books for february.

Any NA book that is availble everywhere by February 1st other than those that are part of a series where earlier books must have been read can be suggested.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 500 comments I am going to suggest Fall From Grace by Christine Zolendz

It is a NA paranormal romance so will probably be a little different to the usual NA books.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 2 comments I'm thinking maybe Insanity I haven't read it yet but it looks really interesting, I think it's a NA book and definitely interesting enough (from the reviews Ive read) should be something for us all to chat about? :)

message 4: by Nadia (last edited Jan 01, 2013 04:16PM) (new)

Nadia (nadz158) I want to suggest Losing It by Cora Carmack. It is NA, and the debur book by the author, her very first book.
Losing It is an amazing, witty, hilarios book, and at times so embasrrasing it feels like its you in that situation! I hope we get to read this book and discuss it. :)

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 500 comments Losing it is currently only available in the US. The author has sold foreign rights and it will soon be available elsewhere but there is not a date yet. If there is a release date soon I will include this in the poll if not it will have to wait until a later month where all of the group can read it

message 6: by Anabel (new)

Anabel | 14 comments I am not sure if these are available outside of the U.S. or if they fall into the NA genre but I really love these books so I would recommend:
Cross My Heart by Katie Klein
Breathe by Abbi Glines
Reason To Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

message 7: by Magan (new)

Magan Vernon (maganvernon) I'm going to vote for The Coincidence of Kallie and Cayden because I'm just starting it...soooo...own personal interest

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth McCraw (betharina74) I have both Insanity and Fall From Grace, so either one of these will work for me! Lol they both sound really good!!

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (sassynurse) Ava wrote: "Insanity's blurb sounds really good! And I have had Fall From Grace on my kindle for a while now. I downloaded it when it was free but never got around to reading it!

I'm gonna suggest The Sea of..."

you are soooo right! What a powerful and emotional book. The ending just rocked my world I have to say!

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (sassynurse) Anabel wrote: "I am not sure if these are available outside of the U.S. or if they fall into the NA genre but I really love these books so I would recommend:
Cross My Heart by Katie Klein
Breathe by Abbi Glines
R..."

Those are all great! The Reason to Breathe series is just amazing!

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa The Breathing Series is my favorite! Sea of Tranquility was also amazing. I haven't read Insanity or Fall from Grace

message 12: by Chase (new)

Chase | 3 comments I am going to put my two cents in on several of these books, Sea of Tranquility, The Coincidence of Kallie and Cayden, The Breathing Series, they are all good choices! I am going to look up some of these others - maybe some more to add to my to be read list! Yay!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Thomas | 29 comments So funny so many of us bought Fall from Grace when it was free, but have yet to read.
I'm the crazy The Sea of Tranquility fangirl so I would always have to vote for it. I could read it for a sixth time. Yes, I'm that addicted.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 500 comments I have a very bad habit of downloading ebooks free and then not reading them, i download more than it would be possible for me to read.

message 15: by Ashton (new)

Ashton | 6 comments Fall from Grace was a great book, but be prepared to buy the second one immediately because the ending to the first leaves you wanting more!

message 16: by Angie (new)

Angie | 24 comments I would love to read The Sea of Tranquility or The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden again!! They were both amazing! 2 of my favorites this year!!

message 17: by Melodie (new)

Melodie | 3 comments I loves the coincidence ! The sea of tranquillity is already on the list of books I Want to read next ! :)

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura | 500 comments Out of the suggested books so far i dont think Breathe, Cross my Heart and Reason to Breathe are really NA. They definately seem more like YA books to me (although i havent personally read Reason to Breathe so im not sure on that one but the character is only 16). Im not sure if the rest of you agree. Also losing it is currently not available everwhere. All the other books will definately be incuded in the poll though :) Any more suggestions are welcome.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Thomas | 29 comments Reason to Breathe has very sensitive subject matter. I think it it mature Young Adult. The c word is used, yes, that one...and the other fowl language is prevalent. The third book takes place in college and is not coming out until July. The author herself has labeled the series as New Adult. These books are a must read for everyone, it is similar to Hopeless in important/life altering subject matter.

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Claudy (ashleyclaudy) | 46 comments I just saw a review for a new book coming out Jan 21.

Collide by Gail McHugh

It looks interesting and along the lines of 50 and bared to you. Many said the main guy is their new book boyfriend.

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Blakely | 39 comments Collide sounds good. What about Forever My Girl?

Nicole (Desperate for a Good Read) (nicolesdesperateforagoodread) Fall From Grace was a fabulous read but you will definitely want to go right into the 2nd book - Saving Grace.
how about Charade by Nyrae Dawn

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Miller (dawnraemiller) Wallbanger. I want to read it again!

message 24: by Rea (new)

Rea | 16 comments From ashes by molly McAdams or the coincidence of Callie and kayden are two of my favourites

message 25: by Ashton (new)

Ashton | 6 comments My suggestion is Vain by Fisher Amelie.

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 500 comments Suggestions are now closed and the poll is open :)

message 27: by Deb (new)

Deb The Adventurous Bookworm (debrenee) | 2 comments Lauren wrote: "Collide sounds good. What about Forever My Girl?"

I just finished "Forever My Girl" I really enjoyed the book. Most of the books on this list I have already had the pleasure of reading.

message 28: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 2 comments One of my to-read is Disastrous, so I' like to nominate it. I just finished reading The Sea of Tranquility and loved it! I highly recommend it.

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 500 comments The suggestions are now closed for this month as voting has started but you can suugest Disastrous next month :)

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela | 9 comments I recc. My favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron. Its an empowering story of finding. love and facing fear in the face. Highly recc.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.