Robert McCammon discussion

Group Read Discussions > Mr Slaughter January 2013 Group Read

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou (new)

Lou (loupendergrast) | 172 comments Mod
:)

message 2: by MaryJude (new)

MaryJude Schmitz (mjschmitz) | 12 comments You can read them alone and they will make sense but of course things happen to the main characters in sequence, so it is more fun to read them on order.

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) imho, the books are so excellent it's worth reading them all-and in order:)

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb (barbtrek) | 3 comments I think they can be read as stand-alones. The characters are re-introduced rather well at the beginning of each book & each book is pretty much a separate storyline that doesn't depend on the previous stories.

This was my favorite of the Matthew Corbett books & though they are huge looking books I read through them pretty quickly.

message 5: by Char (new)

Char Scott, you're right, they're excellent!
The thing I like best about them is how Matthew keeps growing and changing throughout the series. He is hardly recognizable as the same guy by the end of The Providence Rider.

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Moyer (catwoman56) | 101 comments another to add to my January reading list... I loved The Queen of Bedlam and can't wait to get to Matthew's next adventure

message 7: by Dks (new)

Dks (dk-highlander) | 2 comments All four books are very different. The Queen of Bedlam is my favourite, I have to say the first two books in the installment really set Matthew's character so well.

DKs

message 8: by Char (new)

Char I think that The Providence Rider is my favorite. Matthew has changed so much and is still...becoming.
Plus, what a villain!

message 9: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Moyer (catwoman56) | 101 comments This series is definitely on my list of favorites. Mister Slaughter was excellent but I think I enjoyed The Queen of Bedlam a bit more.
I'm very much looking forward to reading The Providence Rider except because it's the last one and I hate to think that I won't be hearing from Matthew again for awhile.

message 10: by Barb (new)

Barb (barbtrek) | 3 comments Does anyone know when the next installment is expected?

message 11: by Hunter (new)

Hunter (goathunter) | 154 comments Mod
Not until 2014, most likely. Mr. McCammon is writing the book as we type....

Hunter

message 12: by Barb (new)

Barb (barbtrek) | 3 comments Awww, so long to wait!

message 13: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Moyer (catwoman56) | 101 comments Barb wrote: "Awww, so long to wait!"

Hunter wrote: "Not until 2014, most likely. Mr. McCammon is writing the book as we type....

yea but at least we know one's coming!! thanks Hunter