Yoga Folks discussion

General discussions about yoga > What are your goals for the new year?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 40 comments New year resolutions, goals, whatever you like....what would you like to work on, accomplish, or read for the new year?

My goals are pretty simple:

read 12 yogaworthy books to inspire and teach my mind/body/spirit.
work on my yoga practice! some home routines and attend classes
meditation...figure this out ;) try to incorporate into my life
be happy

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Greenblatt More consistent meditation practice and spending some early morning time with asana instead of going right to the computer. Reading Full Catastrophe Living.

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill (jills7987) | 16 comments Lisa, I heartily agree with your goals and make them mine also for 2013!

message 4: by Phillip (new)

Phillip (jeeveswooster) I lost 40 lbs in 2012 (currently 219 lbs). I did it with a gluten free diet, swimming and walking. I would like to loose another 40 lbs and to keep it off.

During 2013 I would like to practice regular meditation with the hope that it will help me manage anxiety and depression.

I would also like to include some yoga in my physical workout because I believe it would contribute to what I am doing, increase flexibility and hopefully prevent future injuries.

message 5: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Bolger (nicki9knuckles) Phillip wrote: "I lost 40 lbs in 2012 (currently 219 lbs). I did it with a gluten free diet, swimming and walking. I would like to loose another 40 lbs and to keep it off.

During 2013 I would like to practice..."

Congratulations Phillip, that's impressive progress! Keep it up!

message 6: by Phillip (new)

Phillip (jeeveswooster) Thank you.

Nicholas wrote: "Phillip wrote: "I lost 40 lbs in 2012 (currently 219 lbs). I did it with a gluten free diet, swimming and walking. I would like to loose another 40 lbs and to keep it off.

During 2013 I would ..."

message 7: by Renee Thomas (new)

Renee Thomas | 1 comments More balance! Try to begin meditating, still unsure how to begin in order to stick with it.

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda | 8 comments 2012 brought life trials and 2013 promises new challenges I welcome, self reflection, finding my center again, and getting on my mat on a regular basis. I'm new to meditation and working on that practice excites me. My children are grown and doing their own thing, so 2013 is about me now and nurturing myself for a change.

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris (krisg11) | 40 comments Phillip wrote: "I lost 40 lbs in 2012 (currently 219 lbs). I did it with a gluten free diet, swimming and walking. I would like to loose another 40 lbs and to keep it off.

During 2013 I would like to practice..."

Congratulations, Phillip. Wishing you all the best on your next goal.

My personal developoment goals for 2013 are to learn and incorporate two more yoga poses, I standardly practice only five, add 10 additional minutes to my meditation practice, eat out 1 day less per week, and move more during the workday.