Llama Mama Book Group discussion

Number of books for 2013

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Olson | 45 comments Mod
How many books do you think you will read in 2013? Make an estimate and we'll see if we can make it at the end of the year.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane Sander | 2 comments At least 12 because of my book club .

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 5 comments I am going to say 45- I think that is a little high but it gives me something to go for- right?

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki wrote: "How many books do you think you will read in 2013? Make an estimate and we'll see if we can make it at the end of the year."

I am shooting for 50. I'll see if I can do it!!!

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Dom | 3 comments I'm shooting for 12-gotta save some time for knitting, music practice & helping my daughter with homework!

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Kathy wrote: "I'm shooting for 12-gotta save some time for knitting, music practice & helping my daughter with homework!"
Awesome! Welcome aboard!

message 7: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Thompson | 1 comments Vicki wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I'm shooting for 12-gotta save some time for knitting, music practice & helping my daughter with homework!"
Awesome! Welcome aboard!"

I'll set my goal for 24. I've never kept track before so this will be interesting.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nheadman) | 1 comments I think I will try for at least 12 maybe a couple more.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Williams | 2 comments I would love to say 50 books will all be magically read by years end but life doesn't always seem to go as planned. So I will be realistic and hope for 40.
Now as to how many books get purchased.....maybe no more than 50 new books? Not including knitting books of course!

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 15 comments I could swear I had replied to this...Uh, I don't know. I'm trying to read Principles of Knitting and it's 700 pages. I'm nearly finished Casual Vacancy, which is around 500 pages (but easier to read as well), so I'm going to say 6, but I'd like one of those to be Principles of Knitting and it's huge and technical. If I finish that one early in the year, I'll revise though.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Jenn wrote: "I could swear I had replied to this...Uh, I don't know. I'm trying to read Principles of Knitting and it's 700 pages. I'm nearly finished Casual Vacancy, which is around 500 pages (but easier to ..."
Are you going to read your own book selection? LOL!

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 15 comments yes, as one of the 6! I just finished Casual Vacancy. One down!

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Jenn wrote: "yes, as one of the 6! I just finished Casual Vacancy. One down!"
Yea! It is cool when you can enjoy the read and feel a sense of accomplishment at the same time.

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 15 comments Vicki wrote: "Jenn wrote: "yes, as one of the 6! I just finished Casual Vacancy. One down!"
Yea! It is cool when you can enjoy the read and feel a sense of accomplishment at the same time."

Perhaps I've underestimated how many I might read, since I've already read 2. However, I've also not made any progress on The Principles of Knitting in the last week or so.

message 15: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 1 comments I'm shooting for18. 12 for book club plus 6 for the fun of it. Books are my sleeping pills.

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Elaine wrote: "I'm shooting for18. 12 for book club plus 6 for the fun of it. Books are my sleeping pills."
Lo. They're great for a cold afternoon, when the wind is blowing and I have a hard time getting the knittig needles to do what I want them to do!

message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen Coppicus | 2 comments The number of books for 2013 - 30 Books. It is such a great past time and the literature that I am able to read is terrific!!