Cannonball Readers discussion

Anyone get any good author tweets or retweets this year?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (MsWas) (last edited Dec 31, 2012 05:15AM) (new)

Bonnie (MsWas) W (mswas) | 58 comments Mod
Working on the final count post and recapping the year (besides the best and worst books)

Junior Cannonballer joemyjoe got a reply from the Fonz, and The Fatling had Margaret Atwood reply. Anyone else? Retweets count too.

message 2: by Peffy (new)

Peffy Didn't somebody get a Neil Gaiman reply or retweet at some point? Was it Cindy?

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Henry | 1 comments I don't think I got a retweet from the author, but the guy that wrote Now It's Funny (Michael Solomon) commented on Pajiba.

message 4: by Bonnie (MsWas) (new)

Tracy wrote: "I don't think I got a retweet from the author, but the guy that wrote Now It's Funny (Michael Solomon) commented on Pajiba."

that's right! i forgot that. thanks tracy

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara (tara1012) | 2 comments Author Leigh Byrne commented on my review of her book Call Me Tuesday on my blog. She graciously answered a few questions I had about the book and was really nice.

message 6: by Bonnie (MsWas) (new)

Tara - just read her reply. What a great response!

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (faintingviolet) | 29 comments Just got a retweet/response from Lydnsay Faye about my CBR5 review of The Gods of Gotham!

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Habein (sara_habein) | 9 comments I frequently get retweets from Cal Morgan, who edits a lot of Harper Perennial's books that I review. And Nikki Gemmell recently RTed my review of her WITH MY BODY.

message 9: by Bonnie (MsWas) (new)

Please make sure you use the #CBR5 hashtag so I can see your author RT's. This year I'll try to favorite all of those if I can.

message 10: by Bonnie (MsWas) (new)

Katie wrote: "Just got a retweet/response from Lydnsay Faye about my CBR5 review of The Gods of Gotham!"

can you please send me the link to that tweet?

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie (faintingviolet) | 29 comments Link sent to cannonball email :)

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments I just tweeted to an author for the first time. Will let you know if he responds!

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments I got an author retweet for Identity: Lost. But the guy is my cousin, so take that for what you will.

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara Horgan (scootsa1000) | 5 comments Not an RT, but I did get a favorite from Owen son-of-Stephen King. Still pretty cool.

message 15: by Calvin (last edited Jun 03, 2013 11:30PM) (new)

Calvin (calvinium) I got a thank you tweet from Sophie Hannah for my review of KIND OF CRUEL. Patrick Gale commented on my review of A PERFECTLY GOOD MAN on my blog to say thank you as well. Which was nice. Claire King and I got into a bit of a chat on Twitter after she read and liked my review of THE NIGHT RAINBOW.

message 16: by Kara (new)

Kara Horgan (scootsa1000) | 5 comments Last week I got several tweets from Rainbow Rowell thanking me for reading, reviewing, and spreading the word about her, including an apology for making me sad at the end of Eleanor & Park. Love her!

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara Habein (sara_habein) | 9 comments I get them periodically and then forget about this thread, but this just happened today + a RT: https://twitter.com/JessicaFKane/stat...

message 18: by Tara (new)

Tara (tara1012) | 2 comments On my review of Texts From Bennett, I got a retweet from Mac Lethal and he quoted my review of his book on his Tumblr.

http://textsfrombennett.tumblr.com/po...

message 19: by Calvin (new)

Calvin (calvinium) Stephen May, the author of LIFE! DEATH! PRIZES! tweeted me that he was "chuffed" with my review, and started following me too.

message 20: by Malin (last edited Sep 10, 2013 05:04PM) (new)

Malin (maline) | 17 comments This just happened, Laura Kinsale read my review and tweeted about it!

https://twitter.com/LauraKinsale/stat...

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (narfna) | 35 comments I got several responses from Rainbow Rowell (you guys should all follow her on Twitter -- I'm THIS CLOSE to getting her to follow me back), and Neil Gaiman retweeted my review of The Ocean at the End of the Lane, which gave me an aneurysm (and also new Twitter followers!).

https://twitter.com/narfna/status/361...

I also got tweets from John Scalzi and Sarah Rees Brennan, but they weren't in response to a review so I probably shouldn't count them :)

I can't find Rainbow's response to my review :(

message 23: by Malin (last edited Sep 11, 2013 04:10AM) (new)

Malin (maline) | 17 comments Ashley, that's an awesome response to your Attachments review, which was extremely excellent, by the way and in many ways captured exactly how I felt when I read the book. I now try to push Rowell books on as many friends as possible, like a crazy book evangelist.

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (narfna) | 35 comments I've become a Rainbow pusher, too. I bought several people Fangirl for their birthdays.

message 25: by Kara (new)

Kara Horgan (scootsa1000) | 5 comments I got Another tweet from Rainbow tonight when i finished Fangirl.
She's just a delight.

message 26: by Travis (last edited Sep 12, 2013 01:42PM) (new)

Travis Smith | 1 comments I believe Rainbow Rowell either liked or reblogged one of my reviews of her books a ways back on tumblr. She's a delight because she takes such delight in people reading her books. The majority of what she posts on tumblr is bits of fan art people have made based on her books and other assorted reblogs related to her books.

And if I knew anyone I think might like her books, I'd be recommending the heck out of them. Alas, the girls I work with only seem to read fiction of the more trashy variety. The only book I've ever heard them talk about is Fifty Shades of Grey. Le sigh...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Attachments (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Kinsale (other topics)