Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

Streamline
This topic is about Streamline
❤ ARCHIVES > Streamline by Jennifer Lane (January 2013)

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle This thread is for the discussion on Streamline written by Jennifer Lane.

Mitsy (mitsyc) What do you think? If you've started reading it, there is plenty to discuss.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I am going to start on Friday. The cover is so beautiful :)

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
Oh, I have this on my to-reads so I will start it next. As soon as I finish what I'm currently reading. That should be in the next couple days! :D Looking forward to it!

Mitsy (mitsyc) Chris wrote: "Oh, I have this on my to-reads so I will start it next. As soon as I finish what I'm currently reading. That should be in the next couple days! :D Looking forward to it!"

Good! Let us know what you think! :)

Mitsy (mitsyc) Vanessa wrote: "ladies do you know of any goodplace i can get my book for cheap"

Goodreads has a link for the cheapest prices.

message 7: by Gabby (last edited Jan 02, 2013 02:30PM) (new)

Gabby | 88 comments Vanessa wrote: "ladies do you know of any goodplace i can get my book for cheap"

OOoooh! Try http://www.bookdepository.co.uk!! Free shipping all over the world and the best prices I have seen in my life!!!

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments I will definitely join this time! Sorry, I didn't the past few!

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments Vanessa wrote: "my public library didnt have the book :("

Yeah! My didn't either!

message 10: by Evelyn (last edited Jan 02, 2013 03:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments At Amazon, I found it for only $14 paperback free shipping. I think I'll buy it for Kindle for $3, though.

message 11: by Chris (new) - rated it 1 star

I've downloaded the book and am starting it now!!

message 12: by Jill (new)

Jill Lovelace (Bookaddict559) | 25 comments I've actually read this, I think!

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments @Jill Possibly but its kind of new and hard to find

K~Terror (k-terror) I enjoyed this book! It had a lot of different sub-plots which kept it interesting. The characters were like able and thought the psychological views were thought provoking.

Mitsy (mitsyc) Kristin wrote: "I enjoyed this book! It had a lot of different sub-plots which kept it interesting. The characters were like able and thought the psychological views were thought provoking."

The author is a psychologist. I'm glad you picked up on that in this story. :)

Chase | 2 comments I didn't love this book...but I did like it. I felt like there was way too much going on. I also thought the book was too long, it almost could have been a two part series. But, I did like Leo and his relationship with Audrey. And, like the poster above I liked the psychological views and therapy scenes.

Auriella (castleonacloud) I agree that it seemed rather long. I felt like I had been reading it forever too but then it was actually only 3 days haha.
What a roller coaster! It felt long but looking back through it, it all had a place being there. Did anyone else guess the outcome early on?

Emily | 417 comments not sure what to think I'm at8 percent I like the story but the point of veiws are everywhere I'm getting kind of confused

Neolova10 | 3 comments i liked the book at some points. i wish there was more swimming in it as the book featured them under water. i was upset with the dad however. i started to like him when he was making an effort with Leo, but then the big reveal at the end made me highly disappointed. i thought the dad could at least be better, but it turns out he was even more sefish than i thought. I also didnt connect with the characters as much as i would like.
i also agree that this could have been a two book series. with all this psycology talk, didnt Audrey have a psych book with her at college?

Lauren (mrslaurenberry) | 15 comments This book was a bargain on amazon kindle and was well worth the cost. Like others I liked it (a lot actually) but stopped short of loving it.

I felt a few characters were over developed and a couple under.

All in all I found the main plot predictable from early on, that being said it was a good read.

Emily | 417 comments just finished it I liked it but I didn't love it I wanted to know what happened to Leo that is the only reason I didn't quit reading it part way through I really did not like the million point of views in this story

Cinthia (cinthiah) I agree that this book should have been a two part series, and also agree with Emily that there were way too many points of views in the story. I did like it overall, though.

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I just started, now in chapter 2. Poor Leo being abused by his father.

Mitsy (mitsyc) Gisbelle wrote: "I just started, now in chapter 2. Poor Leo being abused by his father."

Yes. It's awful. A lot of heavy topics are In this story.

Mitsy (mitsyc) Auriella wrote: "I agree that it seemed rather long. I felt like I had been reading it forever too but then it was actually only 3 days haha.
What a roller coaster! It felt long but looking back through it, it all ..."

No. I didn't guess the outcome which surprised me. I thought I should have seen it coming and had no idea. I am surprised readers think it was too long because I wouldn't have removed anything and feel/think it all had to be there.

Mitsy (mitsyc) Chris wrote: "I've downloaded the book and am starting it now!!"

What do you think?

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Yes :( The book is pretty long by the way XD I need to finish other 2 books first before I have time to read more.

Maggie Half way through this book and I am really enjoying it. I don't think it's too long. I like not finishing a book in a day. It prolongs their story which I enjoy. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Mitsy (mitsyc) Maggie wrote: "Half way through this book and I am really enjoying it. I don't think it's too long. I like not finishing a book in a day. It prolongs their story which I enjoy. Can't wait to see how it ends."

Yes! Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it! :)

Cinthia (cinthiah) Misty, I wouldn't remove things from the book, either. But it did feel half way that it could have ended there, and that a sequel could have been made with the second half.

Mitsy (mitsyc) Cinthia wrote: "Misty, I wouldn't remove things from the book, either. But it did feel half way that it could have ended there, and that a sequel could have been made with the second half."

A few people agree with you, Cynthia. Trust me, the author has read these opinions and heard them from others. She chose to include it all in one book, though and I agree. I also enjoy depth and wouldn't have wanted to wait for a sequel. It wouldn't have been the same.

message 32: by Chris (new) - rated it 1 star

Mitsy wrote: "Chris wrote: "I've downloaded the book and am starting it now!!"

What do you think?"

I feel bad I've read over 50%, but I keep putting it down to read other books. I think I'm having a hard time with all the narratives and the jammed back story. So far I feel it's a bit predictable. I despise CS and I am committed to Loe's story. I'm interested in Audrey's father's part in this story. I need to continue, because I think that part of the story will heat up and draw me back in. I'm seeing how many others here have enjoyed it and of course I'll finish the story and let you know! :)

Purvika (frostybells) Just got my streamline today will start after I Love You to Death by Natalie Ward

Maggie Finally finished... SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Wow!!! What an interesting story. I loved how the author didn't focus on the two main characters but rather on the three families. I was a bit disappointed in some of the choices made but not every story can have the perfect ending. I think this may be the first book I have ever read that dealt with an interracial couple. A very good read. I loved the couples and relationships in this story. I would have to say that my favorite parts of the story were, reading about Leo at the academy. I wished he would have graduated but after finishing the story I happy with the ending. I really thought that James ( the father ) was going to blow his brains out in his study, I was kind of hoping that's what he would do. I meant think out it, it would have been more realistic because he is such a coward. Abusing his sons and being such a control freak to where he would have to relinquish it all in prison. Just would have made more sense. I also thought that the real killer was going to be that Rowland guy, I was wrong about that one.

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments Darn... Everyone's like done or almost done and I'm not even half way done! I blame the so many other books I have to read

message 36: by Purvika (last edited Jan 17, 2013 11:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Purvika (frostybells) Atleast you ppl started .... M abt to start :( :D

message 37: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa (lisab76) I enjoyed this book. It was lengthy and covered a lot of heavy topics, but did so in a way that kept my attention. Like someone mentioned above, I did predict the ending way before it happened. I still enjoyed reading it because I wasn't sure of what would happen leading up to the ending.

Purvika (frostybells) I enjoyed this book ..... I liked Leo and audely 's. Connection....
While reading here and there I had silent tears for the boy who just wanted his father's love n instead got pain .... My dad and brother both in army but still I can never imagine a life that Leo led... It is beyond me that many of the books have child abuse of all sort ... It makes me think is it just a piece of imagination or ... Out there many moms and dads are really abusing their flesh and blood ..... It hurts to even think that

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments Finished <3 <3 <3! Will write my input at a more appropriate time!

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments I loved the book! i agree with many others that the book should be cut in half like before he leaves for the Navy she should cut it. I also kind of predicted some parts of the story but the ending surprized me. Overall, it was a super book, really creative, and I'm glad we read it!

Erika | 9482 comments I didn't love this book or hate, it was just really long!! I felt like it was never going to end. The abuse was just crazy. The murder mystery was not developed enough. It was just thrown together at the last minute.