Imgur Book Club discussion

General Discussion > Thank you!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiley (new)

Kiley | 2 comments Hello fellow Imgurians!

I just wanted to thank all who are responsible for creating this group. I'm sure this is cheesy but I love this community and I'm loving having another level of closeness and community.

I have already read both books that are currently on the reading list (The Hobbit and Ender's Game) However, I'm currently reading Ender's Shadow, which is told from Bean's perspective. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's definitely entertaining. Has anyone else read it and can give me their thoughts? I'm struggling with getting through it.

message 2: by Aethia (new)

Aethia | 12 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Kiley! I'm with you, I love imgur (as told by the countless hours of my life that I sacrifice to it's greatness!) so with another venue to interact with, I am excited!

I have yet to read either of these books, as a matter of fact, so have not started on the one you mention. But glad to know there is somewhere to go with it!

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kgmcd) | 1 comments to the bookstore for me! I love that Imgur is on goodreads!
I see great things in our future.

message 4: by Edwin (new)

Edwin Muñoz | 1 comments Kiley wrote: "Hello fellow Imgurians!

I just wanted to thank all who are responsible for creating this group. I'm sure this is cheesy but I love this community and I'm loving having another level of closeness ..."

I was told there's four books that take place at the same time. There's Ender's story, his brother and sister's story (which i forgot their name) and then there's Bean's story. I made the mistake - I wouldn't call it a mistake knowing the things I know now- of reading Ender's Shadow first. So here I found the true meaning of the underdog. Bean was never meant to be the main character of the story, and I could see how you could lose interest in the story rather quickly, you already know what happens to Ender -and to fairly honest Bean was never a huge character in Ender's game. Bean was mention a fairly amount of times but after it was Ender's book. Ender's Shadow is like reading a Comic about Robin... yeah it's interesting and it's good to know the full spectrum of the story but if you're only interested on the "hero" you're better of just reading Ender's Game. And if the story captivates you enough to skip around and read all the books and short stories in the "Ender's Universe" be my guest. If Orsan Scott Card writes it... (•_•) (•_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) I read it.