Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) Anne of Green Gables discussion

Sullivan Movie Version

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I recently re-watched the 80's version of the Anne of Green Gables series and I'm now having withdrawls! I also watch Downton Abbey, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to watch next? :)

Tania I love to watch the BBC's series of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. Another you may enjoy is Cranford with Judy Dench, based on a trio of novels by Elizabeth Gaskell. The BBC seem to be able to pull these things off.

Carrie P I LOVE both series (Downton Season 3 needs to start NOW!) & ADORE Colin Firth. My tastes are pretty eclectic though so my suggestions are definitely not in the same vein as the lovely Prince Edward Island or even the British Isles ("Rizzoli & Isles", "Elementary", "Mad Men" & "Homeland" are what I'm addicted to right now but sorry, it sounds way off base from what you might prefer :)

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I love Pride and Prejudice! I'll look into Cranford; I don't think I've heard of that one :) Thanks!

I have eclectic tastes as well, but I tend to go through a string of period pieces every so often ;) :D
I also love Elementary, too :)

Annemarie Donahue Masterpiece Theatre did a beautiful adaptation of Jane Eyre that I just loved. If you are in a wishy-washy sappy happy mood then check out Samantha American Girl Story, or if you like Alcott Little Women, and An Old Fashioned Girl are good. If you want to bum yourself out then Polanski did a Tess of the D'Ubervilles.

Katie  (Katiebiblio) You should watch some more classic film adaptions; anything that BBC (the more recent ones) are excellent. I especially love the Sally Hawkins version of Persuasion! I also suggect watching the Little Women film adaptions (I love the June Allyson version!).

Natalie Mcdermott the other one I love is Lost in Austen.