Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallybell) I loved doing the A-Z challenge this year and was thinking of doing it again next year (even if it's not running here officially), and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some YA books whose titles actually begin with the letter X? Because I'm a bit pedantic that way. This year I read XVI and I have nothing else on any of my to-read shelves at all that starts with another X!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary (knoxdiver) Project X by Jim Shepard Xenocide (Ender's Saga, #3) by Orson Scott Card X-It by Jane George Rx by Tracy Lynn The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell The Dangerous Days of Daniel X (Daniel X, #1) by James Patterson

It's really hard to find any books that actually start with the letter x, but it's nearly impossible to narrow it down to YA. These are all the books I have that have X at the start of a word, which totally counts. If you don't mind where the x is in the title, though, I have a LOT more suggestions.

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallybell) Thanks for those :) Maybe I should get onto reading Ender's Game at last!
Unfortunately I'm a bit OCD about these things so I couldn't count it with an X just anywhere ;) Hopefully someone will write a book about a Xylophone Club or something!

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim (kadykayf) Here's a Listopia for X (probably where Mary got many of the titles anyway): http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/69...
X-It appears to be a YA book (and something I've never actually heard of before). Luckily, with the A-Z Challenge you can actually throw in a few adult titles. But if you're particular about the title, I have a feeling you're not going to choose adult titles either. We do plan on running the A-Z challenge again this year, so best of luck!

message 5: by Deborah (last edited Dec 31, 2012 01:48PM) (new)

Deborah On a harder/serious note:

I have the first volume for the alphabet challenge.

X-Day, Volume 1 by Setona Mizushiro X-Day, Volume 2 by Setona Mizushiro

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallybell) Thanks also, Kim, for the list :) If desperate I miiiight consider a non-YA title but I'd prefer not to go down that road. I take these things a touch too seriously ;)

I'm also thinking I should read my Q/Z/V/U books now so that at the end of the year I don't have another sudden mad scramble!

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary (knoxdiver) For Q books, I almost always find something with Queen in the title and Z is for Zombies! ;)

message 8: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallybell) I DO have Zombies Vs. Unicorns on my Kindle :D

message 9: by Julia (new)

Julia | 432 comments I do the A-Z challenge with author's names. Last year I read “The Other Shore” by Gao Xingjian, who won a Nobel Prize, but I don't recommend it, though as a play, it's *short.*

Zombies Vs. Unicorns by Holly Black is also a lot of fun!

message 10: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Love Zombies VS Unicorns!