American Westerns discussion

Western Short Stories on the Web

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles Phillips | 2 comments Western novels still have a place in Kindle, Nook, and bookstore shelves. But, much of the newest short Western fiction is on the Web. Check out the short stories on ROPE AND WIRE and THE WESTERN ONLINE. Other members should add other sites and note favorite pieces that we can find on these sites. Happy reading.

message 2: by Charles (new)

Charles Phillips | 2 comments Take a look at 'THE KID AND THE KILLER' on thewesternonline.com. My latest short-story.

message 3: by L. J. (new)

L. J. Martin (ljmartin) | 15 comments Here is my site http://ljmartin.com

message 4: by Larry (last edited Jan 15, 2013 05:15PM) (new)

Larry | 30 comments Frontier Tales is also a great place to go for short western fiction. They finished #5 in the just concluded Preditors & Editors poll for Best Ezine!

message 5: by Larry (new)

Larry | 30 comments @L.J. I recently picked up Nemesis and Mr. Pettigrew and they're on my short list of books to read. These will be the first books of yours I'll read. Looking forward to it!!

message 6: by L. J. (new)

L. J. Martin (ljmartin) | 15 comments Larry wrote: "@L.J. I recently picked up Nemesis and Mr. Pettigrew and they're on my short list of books to read. These will be the first books of yours I'll read. Looking forward to it!!"

Larry, both of those books are still selling well. Thanks for giving me a try

message 7: by Larry (new)

Larry | 30 comments L.J., I'm always looking for authors I haven't read before, especially in the western genre. I write westerns myself and have had some success with short stories in anthologies in the past year. Glad your books are still selling well. There's more western readers out there than the reviewers and critics think.

message 8: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Boeve | 34 comments L.J. I too love westerns and have two titles, Ride a Shadowed Trail and its sequel Crossed Trails.

message 9: by L. J. (new)

L. J. Martin (ljmartin) | 15 comments Eunice wrote: "L.J. I too love westerns and have two titles, Ride a Shadowed Trail and its sequel Crossed Trails."

I'll look for your books Eunice.

message 10: by Tombstone (new)

Tombstone Times (tombstoneaz) | 2 comments I found a fun Western read for Kindle. Appearances by James Huble. I felt like I went back in time. Sixteen short western stories. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A816A0K/r...

message 11: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Boeve | 34 comments Going now to put Appearances by James Huble on my Kindle. Thanks for letting us western fans know.

message 12: by Tombstone (new)

Tombstone Times (tombstoneaz) | 2 comments You are very welcome, Eunice. It's people like us that keep the Western genre alive.

message 13: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd | 28 comments Here's my new collection of Western short stories -- http://www.amazon.com/Fourteen-Wester...

If you look inside the book on its Amazon Kindle edition page you can read the complete first story for free and see what you think.

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 130 comments Resurrecting this thread to make a note to check out some of the sites for some good Westerns.