2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Kathryn's Corner

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments I'd think I'd like to read 50 books this year. I haven't kept track of books I read before starting to use Goodreads in October last year, so I'm not sure how many books I normally get through! I think one a week should be achievable, depending on events during the year... I am already participating in 3 challenges and group reads in other groups, so not sure whether I'll get around to taking part in any of these, although they sound interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in some. I'm thinking the Les Mis group read might be good - I've read it once several years ago and would like to read it again since I've just seen the movie musical (and loved it!), but it's just so looonnnggg!!

So here is my list of books to read so far this year:

1. The Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara The Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara

2. The Beach House by Jane Green The Beach House by Jane Green

3. New release between 1/12/12 and 28/2/13 - TBA

4. Book from my TBR - TBA

5. Those in Peril by Wilbur Smith

6. Paris in Love by Eloisa James Paris in Love by Eloisa James

7. A Wrinkle in Time (Time, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

8. Band-Aid for a Broken Leg by Damien Brown Band-Aid for a Broken Leg Damien Brown

9. NW by Zadie Smith NW by Zadie Smith

10. Get Well Soon! My (un)Brilliant Career As A Nurse by Kristy Chambers Get Well Soon! My (un)Brilliant Career As A Nurse by Kristy Chambers

11. An Australian 2013 New Release: either -

Amber Road by Boyd Anderson Amber Road by Boyd Anderson,

Web of Deceit by Katherine Howell Web of Deceit by Katherine Howell or

Fractured by Dawn Barker Fractured by Dawn Barker

12. The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans

13. The Far Country by Nevil Shute The Far Country by Nevil Shute

14. The Harp In The South by Ruth Park The Harp In The South by Ruth Park

15. Another Australian 2013 New release: TBA

16. The Secret River by Kate Grenville The Secret River by Kate Grenville

17. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

18. Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman

19. Another Australian New Release: TBA

20. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

21. A book from my TBR - TBA

22. The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa

23. The Mayor of Casterbridge (Penguin Classics) by Thomas Hardy The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy

24. When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit (Out of the Hitler Time, #1) by Judith Kerr by Judith Kerr or The Children of Cherry Tree Farm The Children of Cherry Tree Farm by Enid Blyton by Enid Blyton or Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park

25. Beneath the Darkening Sky Beneath the Darkening Sky by Majok Tulba by Majok Tulba

26. The Prodigal Daughter The Prodigal Daughter (Kane & Abel, #2) by Jeffrey Archer by Jeffrey Archer,
The Comfort of Figs The Comfort of Figs by Simon Cleary by Simon Cleary or
An Irish Country Doctor An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor by Patrick Taylor

27. My Cousin Rachel My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier by Daphne du Maurier

28. A Mercy A Mercy by Toni Morrison by Toni Morrison

29. The Color Purple The Color Purple by Alice Walker by Alice Walker

30. Oranges and Sunshine: Empty Cradles Oranges and Sunshine Empty Cradles by Margaret Humphreys by Margaret Humphreys

31. The Christmas Box The Christmas Box (The Christmas Box Trilogy #1) by Richard Paul Evans by Richard Paul Evans,

The Surgeon's Wife The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles by William H. Coles,

Australian Legendary Tales by Katie Langloh Parker,

This Golden Land This Golden Land by Barbara Wood by Barbara Wood,

The Mystery of the Break-Away Gully The Mystery of the Break-Away Gully by Betty Thomson by Betty Thomson or

The Keeper of Dawn The Keeper of Dawn by J.B. Hickman by J.B. Hickman

32. My Uncle Oswald My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl by Roald Dahl

33. The Neverending Story The Neverending Story by Michael Ende by Michael Ende or
Inkheart Inkheart (Inkheart, #1) by Cornelia Funke by Cornelia Funke

34. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - maybe - not sure whether I'll get this read...

35. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh

36. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

37. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - maybe??

That leaves 13 books to reach my goal of 50. I'm sure I can fill this with monthly group reads! And I'll see how I'm going - may be able to up my goal throughout the year...

message 2: by Kathryn (last edited Mar 26, 2013 10:09PM) (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments Books completed and date

1. The Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara The Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara 26/01/13 4★

2. The Beach House by Jane GreenThe Beach House by Jane Green 05/01/13 3★

3. A Possible Life A Novel in Five Parts by Sebastian Faulks A Possible Life: A Novel in Five Parts by Sebastian Faulks01/02/13 2★

4. Book from my TBR -
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer 29/01/13 5★

5. Those in Peril by Wilbur A. Smith Those in Peril by Wilbur Smith 12/1/13 2★

6. Paris in Love by Eloisa James Paris in Love by Eloisa James 26/01/13 3★

7. A Wrinkle in Time (Time, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle 12/2/13 4★

8. Band-Aid for a Broken Leg by Damien Brown Band-Aid for a Broken Leg Damien Brown 03/01/13 4★

9. NW by Zadie Smith NW by Zadie Smith 21/01/13 1★

10. Get Well Soon! My (un)Brilliant Career As A Nurse by Kristy Chambers Get Well Soon! My (un)Brilliant Career As A Nurse by Kristy Chambers 23/3/13 3★

11. An Australian 2013 New Release:

Amber Road by Boyd Anderson Amber Road by Boyd Anderson, 6/3/13 3★

12. The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans

13. The Far Country by Nevil Shute The Far Country by Nevil Shute

14. The Harp In The South by Ruth Park The Harp In The South by Ruth Park

15. Another Australian 2013 New release: TBA

16. The Secret River by Kate Grenville The Secret River by Kate Grenville

17. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

18. Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman

19. Another Australian New Release: TBA

20. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

21. A book from my TBR - TBA

22. The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa 10/2/13 5★

23. The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy

24. When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit (Out of the Hitler Time, #1) by Judith Kerr by Judith Kerr or The Children of Cherry Tree Farm The Children of Cherry Tree Farm by Enid Blyton by Enid Blyton or Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park

25. Beneath the Darkening Sky Beneath the Darkening Sky by Majok Tulba by Majok Tulba

26. The Prodigal Daughter The Prodigal Daughter (Kane & Abel, #2) by Jeffrey Archer by Jeffrey Archer 15/01/13 4★,
The Comfort of Figs The Comfort of Figs by Simon Cleary by Simon Cleary and/or
An Irish Country Doctor An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor by Patrick Taylor 11/3/13 4★

27. My Cousin Rachel My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier by Daphne du Maurier

28. A Mercy A Mercy by Toni Morrison by Toni Morrison

29. The Color Purple The Color Purple by Alice Walker by Alice Walker 27/2/13 3★

30. Oranges and Sunshine: Empty Cradles Oranges and Sunshine Empty Cradles by Margaret Humphreys by Margaret Humphreys

31. The Christmas Box The Christmas Box (The Christmas Box Trilogy #1) by Richard Paul Evans by Richard Paul Evans,

The Surgeon's Wife The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles by William H. Coles 25/01/13 2★,

Australian Legendary Tales by Katie Langloh Parker,

This Golden Land This Golden Land by Barbara Wood by Barbara Wood,

The Mystery of the Break-Away Gully The Mystery of the Break-Away Gully by Betty Thomson by Betty Thomson or

The Keeper of Dawn The Keeper of Dawn by J.B. Hickman by J.B. Hickman

32. My Uncle Oswald My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl by Roald Dahl

33. The Neverending Story The Neverending Story by Michael Ende by Michael Ende or
Inkheart Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke by Cornelia Funke 17/3/13 4★

34. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - maybe - not sure whether I'll get this read...

35. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh

36. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

37. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

38. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters Fingersmith by Sarah Waters 9/1/13

39. Murder on a Midsummer Night (Phryne Fisher, #17) by Kerry Greenwood Murder on a Midsummer Night by Kerry Greenwood 30/01/13 4★

40. Miles Off Course (Rowland Sinclair #03) by Sulari Gentill Miles Off Course by Sulari Gentill 31/01/13 3★

41. The Associate by John Grisham The Associate by John Grisham 04/02/13 3★

42. At Home With the Templetons by Monica McInerney At Home With the Templetons by Monica McInerney 09/02/13 3★

43. A Darker Music A Novel by Maris Morton A Darker Music: A Novel by Maris Morton 24/2/13 3★

44. The Pursuit of Love & Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford The Pursuit of Love & Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford 1/3/13 3★

45. The Woman Who Wasn't There The True Story of an Incredible Deception by Robin Gaby Fisher The Woman Who Wasn't There: The True Story of an Incredible Deception by Robin Gaby Fisher 14/3/13 2★

46. The Innocent Man Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham 14/3/13 2★

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 0 comments Wrong list! I was thinking I didn't add all of these :o)

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments That's funny, Kathryn! Great name though!