~2014 Reading Challenge~ discussion

1st book of the New Year?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missy (new)

Missy (soogie) | 204 comments Mod
What book are you planning on reading first?

I am finishing one now but my first book that I am going to start this year is Do Life: The Creator of "My 120-Pound Journey" Shows How to Run Better, Go Farther, and Find Happiness Do Life The Creator of "My 120-Pound Journey" Shows How to Run Better, Go Farther, and Find Happiness by Ben Davis I have read every post on his blog and it is very motivating. I hope his book is as good as his blog.

message 2: by Dar B (new)

Dar B (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments My in-person reading group meets on the first Friday of the month so, I have to read the book that we will be discussing, The Murder Room. I used to LOVE mysteries but not as much now. I have very good things about P.D. James, though.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane I just finished my first book for the year -- The Art of Racing in the Rain. I really enjoyed it. It's sad, sweet, funny and hopeful.

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle (meelle) I am reading a book of 5 novella's called More Than Words Volume 3 by Susan Wiggs . I originally looked for this book because I started reading the Lakeshore Chronicle series by Susan Wiggs (so far I've only read #1 Summer At Willow Lake and #2 The Winter Lodge) and saw that the novella, Homecoming Season, would actually be book #2 in this series, but it really doesn't make too much of a difference when this story is read. Two stories read, three more to go.

message 5: by Missy (new)

Missy (soogie) | 204 comments Mod
I have been so busy at work that I haven't even finished a book yet. Ugh.. I might take a day this weekend, put myself in time out and just read.

message 6: by Tricia (new)

Tricia | 74 comments My first book of the New Year was Queen of Darkness by Patti Larsen, I've been sucked into her Hayle Coven series. I'm participating in the WV Reads 150, which is a challenge to read 150 books this year. I'm off to a good start so far, with 15 completed so far, but now that classes have started again and I am hunting for a job I don't know that I will keep it up or complete the challenge.