Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)
This topic is about Girl of Nightmares
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake → Start Date: January 2nd, 2013

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Diana, Gisbelle and I are excited to read this one!

This is #2 in the Anna Dressed in Blood Series.

If you have already read book 1 and want to join us - please do! We'd love to chat with everyone!!

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Diana, please let me know if January 2nd doesn't work, we can definitely move it to the 31st or 1st if it's works better!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you guys enjoy this book. I still have yet to read it, but I hope you gals like it!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Woohoo!

Diana | 618 comments Trisha wrote: "Diana, please let me know if January 2nd doesn't work, we can definitely move it to the 31st or 1st if it's works better!"

It's fine by me! Looking forward to it!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Tori wrote: "I hope you guys enjoy this book. I still have yet to read it, but I hope you gals like it!"

Thanks Tori. I sure hope so too :)

Pang | 168 comments OMG!!!! Wowwwww!!! ;P

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Diana wrote: "Trisha wrote: "Diana, please let me know if January 2nd doesn't work, we can definitely move it to the 31st or 1st if it's works better!"

It's fine by me! Looking forward to it!"

yay!!!!! :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments How are we going to do it? I just finished my current read.

message 10: by Pang (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pang | 168 comments Hope you guys enjoy! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Pang :)

message 12: by Janna (last edited Jan 02, 2013 09:14PM) (new)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Man! I wish I had looked at this thread BEFORE today. I would've loved to join in on this, I've been wanting to read the series. Though, I haven't had time to read the first one yet. :/

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oh dang! I loved the first book, so when you have time to read the series, we can chat :)

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments alright, how far are we going today?? 332 pages, 30 chapters

Do we want to try to get 1/2 way to chapter 15 or is that too far (it's about 160 pages)

more or less?? ;D I can't wait for this one!

Diana | 618 comments I'm not sure if I have time to read 15 chapters... How bout 10??

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I can do 10.

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 10 it is!!! Check back in later today when we're done??

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Ok! I'm in chapter 2 now. A bit slow because I have to write and edit my blog.

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh no! Juggling!! lol

I'm juggling prepping my Girl Scout meetings this month (we start Cookie sale this month and I lead my group so wow! lots of work! :D)

and

reading this book!! It's so hard to put it down to work though!!!

Diana | 618 comments On chapter5! I've got a lot going on too. I'll have to read more later

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I am juggling alright :D Glad you are too, Trisha :) So I don't feel so alone. My blog is in need for some serious makeover.

I'll try to catch up as much as I can.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh, what he keeps seeing happening to Anna breaks my heart (end of ch 6)

I know you guys are kind of bogged down today.

do we want to read the same amount tomorrow or more or less??

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Same :) I think I can do it :)

Diana | 618 comments Yeah me too. I think I can manage. I'm dying to know why Cas keeps having these hallucinations of Anna.

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh my gosh! We stopped at the hardest chapter to stop at!!! LOL! chapter 10 was amazing...

and then I stopped :) can't wait to keep reading tomorrow!!!!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oh boy! Oh boy! I am still in chapter 3. I kinda just started The Raven Boys also :P

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oooooh Gansey...I loved that book. I did both audio and the paper book. just wonderful! :D although I had one complaint... I can't wait to see your review!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm listening to the audiobook now. In chapter 3 :) I will stop soon to resume reading about Anna

Gisbelle | 27299 comments in chapter 12. I've got a question, you guys believe in witchcraft? Like fortunetellers, palm readers... That sort of thing.

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Um....do I believe in them.

I think, yes. But I think it's just like car salesmen. You can have good ones...but they are lost in a sea of a lot of very very very bad ones.....

Do you, Gisbelle??

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I don't know. But my mom obsesses with them lol... I had my palm read once many years ago, but I still haven't seen what has been predicted comes true :D

Diana | 618 comments What did your palm reader predict?? Was it something good?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments haha it is embarrassing :) i'm reading chapter 18 now. The truth is I love book 1 better.

message 34: by Pang (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pang | 168 comments Yeah!! Book 1 is way more bitter! :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I like Jestine though. :)
And Cas in book 1 was better also. He is not as funny in book 2. I miss his funny side.

message 36: by Jalyn (last edited Jan 03, 2013 06:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jalyn (jalynnie) Gisbelle wrote: "I don't know. But my mom obsesses with them lol... I had my palm read once many years ago, but I still haven't seen what has been predicted comes true :D"

My cousin (who I don't see very often because she lives in Florida and I live in Pennsylvania) was home visiting the family about 6 years ago and she asked to read my palm. She was scarily accurate about things that wouldn't even happen for another 2 and 4 years.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Gee I wish I could meet your cousin. It would be awesome to know what is going to happen

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay, I'm done too!!

Diana, keep us posted and we'll chat!

Jalyn (jalynnie) Gisbelle wrote: "Gee I wish I could meet your cousin. It would be awesome to know what is going to happen"

In a way yes, it was cool that she was so accurate, but one of the things she told me about was not a good thing and I wish it wouldn't have happened. It makes me wonder about how much control we really have over our own lives and how much of it is predetermined, you know? I would say that it was a fluke, but she had some really freakishly accurate guesses, if that's all that it was.

Diana | 618 comments Wow are you guys already done? I'm on chapter 20 I'll finish in a couple of hours. I think I like book 1 better too

Diana | 618 comments Finished it! I liked it! Not as much as book1 but I liked the ending.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments me too! The ending was nice :) but I loved book 1 much more than this one.

Diana | 618 comments I liked book 2 too. I'm kinda sad that Anna didn't appear much in the first part of the book. And the ending wow... It was so sad...

message 44: by Pang (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pang | 168 comments Yes, The Climax scene is Absolutely AMAZING!!! :P I almost cry ,too! ;')))

message 45: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I loved this one - I thought it was just as good as book 1. I figured this one wouldn't be a love story, which is I think the main difference between book 1 and 2. Less of the love stuff and more build up of the end.

I thought the forest of suicides was crazy scary.

(everyone is done right??? Spoiler ahead!)

and when they had to stab themselves?! That was just crazy.
And I almost cried when Carmel broke Thomas' heart...I was so glad when she came back!!!

Do you guys think there will be a book 3?

message 46: by Diana (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diana | 618 comments Yeah the suicide forest was so scary. I don't think there will be a book2 the ending pretty much sums it all up.

message 47: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I was thinking so too, but I since I was totally surprised with book 2, LOL, I thought I should at least check ;)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I loved that Carmel and Thomas got back together to. When she told Cas she loved Thomas, it was so sweet.

Yes, the suicide forest was scary!

message 49: by Pang (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pang | 168 comments I want Book 3!!! Y^Y