Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Before I Fall
This topic is about Before I Fall
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver → Start Date: January 5, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle and I will be reading this! Join if you can!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I've never read her books before, so I am psyched!

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I haven't either!

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments This is perfect since I'm borrowing this from the library!(:

Gisbelle | 27299 comments And we haven't read anything together for so long as well :)

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yay! Is the start date okay for you Tracy?

And yes I know! I miss being reading buddies with you.

Angela | 17787 comments I hope you guys love this book as much as I do! I'm probably going to read her series sometime, because I love the way she writes :D

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I hope so to! Join in on our discussions, will ya?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Le Princess Angela of Procrastination (: wrote: "I hope you guys love this book as much as I do! I'm probably going to read her series sometime, because I love the way she writes :D"

I am excited to hear that Angela :)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Its perfect because I have three more renewals for it soits great!(; I'll put a sticky note on top of the book so I won't forget (:

message 11: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yay! Happy that you can join us! We are going to take it slow though because Gisbelle has another buddy read on the 5th as well and on the 6th. Hope you don't mind:D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yay Tracy :) I love reading with more people!

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Perfectly fine since I'm also reading unearthly. How many chapters would y'all like to read a night? Or pages?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Around 3 to 5 chapters. We want to keep it slow, Tracy, since I have 2 more buddy reads around that time also and J is going to be busy with her school work. is that ok with you Tracy?

message 15: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Great! Well this book is kind of set up weird...Chapter 2 starts on page 82. But the chapters are divided into parts.

Do you guys want to read up to Chapter 2 or maybe we could read up to page 52: Part called "Friendship: A History." Which one would you guys like to do?

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I absolutely love this book. I hope you guys do too!!!

message 17: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Well Gisbelle do you know that Chapter 3 starts on page 130? That may be too much for me.

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Well the first chapter is very long. It ends at page 82. If you wanna keep it slow I would suggest around 30 pages to 50 pages a night. If its alright with y'all. I'm a easy distracted reader and I usually do 50 pages depending on the chspters. This is my first disscussion so I wanna do whatever y'all want too. (:

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oh I see, so 1 chapter? ok?

message 20: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments How about we read up to page 52 which was lead us right up to a part titled:

"Friendship: A History."

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "How about we read up to page 52 which was lead us right up to a part titled:

"Friendship: A History.""

Ok fine with me.

message 22: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Great! 52 pages it is! *excited*

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments That will work fine(: I want to read whatever makes everyone happy lol. That's perfect we can read in parts if y'all want since there are part titles on there. (:

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I totally forgot that the chapters are longer in this book. I don't have the book on hand now. A friend borrowed it like months ago and haven't returned it. :)

message 25: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Awesome! Yes, the chapters are so long! I personally hate long chapters! D:

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Do youthink you can ask for it back or borrow it from the library? Lol. I hope you get it back! Haha.

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Awesome! Yes, the chapters are so long! I personally hate long chapters! D:"

Tell me about it lol. I go insane cause I wanna finish it lol.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'll give her a call and hope I get it back soon :)

message 29: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Ahh, hopefully! I really want you to read it with us!

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Yayyy! I'm super excited haha.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I loved this book!! I really hope you guys like it too!!! :)

message 32: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks Tori! I hope I like it too!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I called and she said she would give it back on Wednesday. So yay!

Diana | 618 comments I liked this book a lot too though it's sort of boring the first few chapters. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks for the heads up Diana. I am going to push myself through that boring chapters :)

message 36: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yay! Thanks Gisbelle's friend! And okay, at least I know it gets better!

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments There's only seven chapters in the whole book for 400 pages lol. We deff should divide it up xD

message 38: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments OMG! We should just read up to certain parts everyday! Is that okay with you guys? And then come back and see if we have anything to talk about each day?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I second that. Long chapters bore me to death :)

message 40: by Alexa (last edited Dec 31, 2012 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa | 932 comments Happy New Year guys!! :)
I'd love to read it with you guys as I've really wanted to read it for a while now and I have it on my shelf untouched, but I have a mock exam on the 8th, so I'll have to be studying for it the 6th & 7th BUT I can read a bit before I go to bed so it like depends on how much you guys are reading everyday? :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Happy New Year to you too Alexa! We plan to go slow with this one since Jacquelyn is going to be busy with her studies also. So around 50 pages a day. Maybe less. So I hope you join us :)

message 42: by Alexa (last edited Jan 01, 2013 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa | 932 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Happy New Year to you too Alexa! We plan to go slow with this one since Jacquelyn is going to be busy with her studies also. So around 50 pages a day. Maybe less. So I hope you join us :)"

Yay!! I'm in then :D, I've put the book as currently-reading, but I won't start reading it before the 5th :))

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Great Alexa! Glad that you can join us!

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments I could of sworn I joined this one already.. I added it to my buddy read list. LOL

Oh well..

I'M IN!!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments woohoo

message 46: by Janna (last edited Jan 04, 2013 10:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Okay, so what's the plan?

There are 496pgs. / ??chps

How much are we going to read a day?

Gisbelle | 27299 comments We plan to go slow, so maybe less than 50 pages.

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Okay, whatever you guys feel comfortable with! :D

Haylee' Marie  (Beastly-Marie) | 105 comments I read this book last year... :( If u ever read her books all the endings are the same mood that's the worst part for me when this year her third book requires coming out soon.. :)

this book confused ME at points ad was a little so and boring but got better hope you enjoy it :)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Haylee' Marie wrote: "I read this book last year... :( If u ever read her books all the endings are the same mood that's the worst part for me when this year her third book requires coming out soon.. :)

this book co..."

This is going to be the first I've read by her!

I am looking forward to it though!

« previous 1 3