The Night Circus The Night Circus discussion

Celia and Herr Thiessen

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Were they more than friends? Their relationship was um, different.

message 2: by Gerd (last edited Dec 31, 2012 04:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gerd They certainly found something in each other they missed in their own life, but they were not romantically interested, if that is what you mean.

Shawnie When we were first getting to know that Celia and Herr Thiessen had a friendship, I really thought it was heading towards a romantic involvement. I was surprised when they stayed friends. It seemed to have been a very deep, honest relationship for both, and they relied on each other for intimate discussions of the circus since they had no one else to talk to and share with.

message 4: by Nat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nat Well I always thought that Celia was much younger than him. So I never even thought that maybe they would be involved romantically. To me, they were just two people who very much loved the circus, and enjoyed talking to each other about it.

message 5: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml I always thought that he was a lot older than her to, that's why them being together was disturbing to me. If they were that is. They just have really good chemistry. I'm re-reading the book, and I'm wondering if she looks at him as father-like figure since her dad is so thoroughly messed up.

Veronica I guess good friendship nothing romantic.

Gaby Testa they had a very close friendship. there was never anything serious. But she was so distraught when he died because they were very very close.

Kate O'keefe I've always seen it as Herr Thiessen having feelings for Celia, but because she saw him as nothing more than a close friend and father-figure, he kept his distance.

Danielle They seemed like best friends, although i often thought that Herr Thiessen might have feelings for Celia. :P

Kimber I think that they both found something in each other that had been missing in their lives - A Familial relationship. It could almost be father-daughter because of the ages of the two or it could be husband-wife with 'The Circus' as the child. I don't believe their relationship was romantic...just a deep love for the Circus and well-earned respect for one another.