Into The Woods discussion

Houses > Spades house

Comments Showing 1-50 of 202 (202 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ѕтαяк (last edited Feb 05, 2013 08:26AM) (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments Just a little house at the edge of the wood, nothing much to look at, but a place to call home.

description

message 2: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk stops the horse in front of the house. "nice little place here. are you the only one who lives here?"

message 3: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "You bet." She replied. "No family. Just me." She replied, opening the door to a cozy, two room house.

message 4: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "how old did you say you were?" Hawk asked untacking her horse.

message 5: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "Roughly seventeen." She replied. "I'm not quite sure." She walked into her kitchen and got some tea ready.

message 6: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "same here." she put Jara into the corral and put the saddle on the fence. she took her bags in the house.

message 7: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments She mixed the herbs together for her tea. "Sorry for the untidiness." She said, putting her tea on.

message 8: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "its fine." Hawk put her bags by the door and walked over to Spade. "i'll make supper if you'd like."

message 9: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "There isn't much to work with here..." She poured some tea for the two of them.

message 10: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk smiled. "i have a few things up my sleeve."

message 11: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments She pointed to the small cabinet of food. "What is mine is yours." She looked at her pitiful little cabinet.

message 12: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk rummaged through the cabinet. "mind if i use one of you rabbits?"

message 13: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "Sure, go ahead." She put her tea on the table. "Use anything. I can always just go get more outside."

message 14: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "ok!" she went outside and skinned and cut up the rabbit.

message 15: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments She joined her. "What are you planning to do, anyway?" She was curious.

message 16: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "making a recipe my dad taught me."

message 17: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "Hmmm." She was interested in what was happening before her. She was never much of a cook, she just made basic meals, nothing ever too complex.

message 18: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk finished cubing the meat and wrapped it up in a towel. she went over to the pelt and cut off the fat. "do you have any pelt stretchers, or just some wire?"

message 19: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "Oh, I have wire." She showed Hawk the wire that she had.

message 20: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk took it and made a loop. she pulled the skin over it and propped it against the house. she went back to the meat and took it in the house. she cleaned it and put it in a bowl. "could you hand me my saddle bag by the door over there, please." she went to the cabinet and started making some rice.

message 21: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments She grabbed the sattle bag, and couldn't help but notice the wonderful aroma drifting through the house. "Smells nice." She remarked.

message 22: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "you aint smelled nothin' yet!" she took the bag and rummaged through it, pulling out BBQ sause, warshdishire sause, and rib rub. she put the contents into the bowl and mixed it. she then put it in in a pan to cook, stiring it off and on.

message 23: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments This was all so complicated to Spade, who had only ever received cooked meals from the volunteers when she was a child. "How do you do that?" She asked, referring to the food.

message 24: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "i just mix ingredients, my dad taught me how to make this." she grabbed her cold tea and drank it. "after supper you want to hunt some cyotes in the mountains?"

message 25: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "Sure." She smiled. Cooking wasn't her forte, but hunting was something that came naturally to her. She set up a table for the two of them for their meal, and opened a window to let in some air.

message 26: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments the aroma of food was intoxicating. the house was full of the smell of food. "done!" Hawk filled the plates to the brim.

message 27: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments Spade sat at the small table, and gestured for Hawk to join her.

message 28: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments she sat, and bowed her head to pray.

message 29: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments Spade didn't have much faith, but she sat silently as Hawk prayed out of respect

message 30: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk finished and dug in. the meat was tender, and juicey. the sauce covered the rice deliciously.

message 31: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments Spade also dug in. "This is delicious!" She exclaimed. SHe hadn't known what to expect when she bit into it.

message 32: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "thanks!" she wiped sauce off her mouth.

message 33: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments She laughed. "You are pretty handy when it comes to cooking, aren't you?"

message 34: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "i guess you can say that. you should see me ride." she finished her plate and arched her back and raised her arms in the air. "if you have the ingredients i could make some desert tomorrow."

message 35: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "I doubt that I do." She replied. She sighed. "I don't have a horse, I go by foot."

message 36: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "i can take care of that." she bent over and pulled off her boot. a bag fell to the floor with a clunk. she picked it up and pulled out some gold coins and showed them to Spade.

message 37: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "Oh!, no!" She pushed it back. "I couldn't possibly accept that!"

message 38: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "too late" she said with a grin. "you've already accepted."

message 39: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments ((sorry, no notification))
She took the coins,slowly.

message 40: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk pulled back and took three coins "horse and tack." she said smiling, and put them in Spade's hand. she put four more in her hands. "new clothes and boots." she put five on the table. "groceries." she tied the still full money bag shut and returned it to her boot.

message 41: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments Spade stared at the coins. She had never seen so much before, she mostly just got by on selling her game, and that only brought in enough for a treat once in a while. "I don't know how to thank you." She looked up from the coins.

message 42: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "well i guess you could just say it." she grinned. "lets get your game skinned and cut before it goes bad, then we'll go hunting. tomorrow we'll go to the village. sound good?" she put her boot back on.

message 43: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments Sh finished her meal and got to work.

message 44: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk skinned and stretched the skins over wire loops with tapered ends. when she was finished she helped Spade with the cutting.

message 45: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments She smiled. "Feel free to stay here as long as you like"

message 46: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "thanks, i might just take you up on that." she finished the meat. "ready to hunt?"

message 47: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments She strung her bow. "Lets get moving"

message 48: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments Hawk washed her hands and wrapped up the throw away stuff. she looked at the carcasses. "how far is it?"

message 49: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 95 comments "Not far, I short walk."

message 50: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 123 comments "how about we take the carcasses so we can use them to hunt off of, its kind of like bait." she strung her bow, and put on her gloves.

« previous 1 3 4 5