CGC (Christian Girls Chat) discussion

Book talk > Dystopian

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 9968 comments Mod
Favorite dystopians...please we all know about the hunger games DONT POST HUNGER GAMES thank you very much everybody :)

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valerielipstick) | 593 comments 1. Divergent
2. For Darkness shows the stars

message 3: by Rose (last edited Dec 31, 2012 10:10AM) (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Starters (Starters and Enders, #1) by Lissa Price Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis These are two great books! Starters is amazing though!

Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant Hunger (Gone, #2) by Michael Grant Lies (Gone, #3) by Michael Grant Plague (Gone, #4) by Michael Grant Fear (Gone, #5) by Michael Grant This series is really intense!

message 4: by Rose (last edited Dec 31, 2012 10:06AM) (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Impostors (Shadow Children, #2) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Betrayed (Shadow Children, #3) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Barons (Shadow Children, #4) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Brave (Shadow Children, #5) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Enemy (Shadow Children, #6) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Free (Shadow Children, #7) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Best series! I loved this!

message 5: by Rose (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:58AM) (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2) by Lois Lowry Messenger (The Giver, #3) by Lois Lowry Son (The Giver, #4) by Lois Lowry Love this series! Do not pass over this one! There are great morals in here! Wonderful!

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) by James Dashner
Love this series too!

message 6: by Rose (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:59AM) (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1) by Jeanne DuPrau The People of Sparks (Book of Ember, #2) by Jeanne DuPrau The Prophet of Yonwood (Book of Ember, #3) by Jeanne DuPrau The Diamond of Darkhold (Book of Ember, #4) by Jeanne DuPrau Great series! I couldn't get enough of it!

message 7: by Rose (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:58AM) (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer This book is hilarious and complex! Great read!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you all read
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie and Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie ?

I really liked those, especially Matched. They aren't books that I would really go back to and re-read very often though, as they are kind of slow-moving, and it's not like you'll catch anything else that you might have missed the first time you read it. But they were good. I am looking forward to reading the next book,
Reached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie .

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My absolute FAVOURITE dystopias of this year (and ever) would have to be

Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth and Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

Even my brother enjoyed Divergent (hasn't read the 2nd yet) and right now is reading it for the third time. :}

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valerielipstick) | 593 comments Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu

AMAZING.

message 11: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I loved Legend, Matched, and Divergent. Other favs: the Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi and Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi books and Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis

message 12: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) | 1575 comments Mod
Human.4 (Point 4, #1) by Mike A. Lancaster Brain Jack by Brian Falkner

message 13: by Debra (new)

Debra (lebarron1) | 7 comments I am reading a book by Catherine Mckenzie called Forgotten and it is a good book,i would recommend it to anyone too.

message 14: by Anika (new)

Anika I like Delirium and its second book Pandemonium. They are kinda like Matched, but more interesting. Also a newish book called Breathe was good.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked Delirium and Pandemonium, as well!

My fave YA books so far are Divergent and Insurgent!

message 16: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 9968 comments Mod
scathing reviews....ooh i usually dampen mine lol

message 17: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I'm getting started on Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu which has a lot of promise

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's a good dystopia:
The Land Beyond the Portal by J.S. Bailey

message 19: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi I really loved this book!

message 20: by Elizabeth, He Satisfies My Soul (last edited Mar 02, 2013 11:14AM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) | 1575 comments Mod
♥iDevourBooks♥ ☆Sonic~Obsessed☆ wrote: "Okay, I've read a LOT of dystopian:
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie LuProdigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally CondieCrossed (Matched, #2) by Ally CondieReached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1-5) by Douglas Adams

How did you like Cinder? I thought it was really good and original. OMGosh, I need to read Roar. I own it and it's been sitting on my shelf for a long time. Really need to read it.

Just adding to your list (hey, there was only ten books I hadn't read. Awesome!)

Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Impostors (Shadow Children, #2) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Betrayed (Shadow Children, #3) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Barons (Shadow Children, #4) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Among the Brave (Shadow Children, #5) by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
The Search for WondLa (WondLa, #1) by Tony DiTerlizzi A Hero For WondLa (WondLa, #2) by Tony DiTerlizzi
Human.4 (Point 4, #1) by Mike A. Lancaster
Brain Jack by Brian Falkner
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis
The Tomorrow Code by Brian Falkner
Railsea by China Miéville
Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi The Drowned Cities (Ship Breaker, #2) by Paolo Bacigalupi
Dinotopia A Land Apart from Time by James Gurney Dinotopia The World Beneath (Dinotopia) by James Gurney Dinotopia Journey to Chandara by James Gurney

message 21: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments You'll Like It Here (Everybody Does) by Ruth White I'm reading this now!

message 22: by Salyna (new)

Salyna | 73 comments Just read Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie by Ally Condie. It was amazing!!!

message 23: by Allie (new)

Allie I love Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver and Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver (haven't read Requiem yet. It hasn't been published in Germany yet and I don't like switching language during a book series). Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman and UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman are just awesome. And I also love Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro . At the moment I am reading Article 5 (Article 5, #1) by Kristen Simmons which is pretty good so far.

message 24: by Annie (new)

Annie (iliveandbreathewords) (iliveandbreathewords) Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
and I've heard good things about The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner though I haven't read the books yet myself

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I just read Anomaly (Anomaly #1) by Krista McGee It was great! I liked it better than I thought I would!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth (ESP[ECIALLY THE LAST ONE!)
Aaaaand....the dystopia novel I'm writing. Or trying to write. It's my favorite writing idea (and I have 100-200+)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

If anybody wants to read a really good dystopian series read The Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa :) they are AMAZING

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2) by Julie Kagawa The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3) by Julie Kagawa