Romance on Audio discussion

JANUARY 2013 - Currently Listening to

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Almost a new year and new month. What do you plan on listening to in January?

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 18, 2013 07:51PM) (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) LISTENING TO:

DONE:
Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole Peeler Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

TBR:

Tempest's Legacy
Blood Cross
The Good, The Bad and The Undead

message 3: by Lupdilup (new)

Lupdilup | 510 comments Mod
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm listening to City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane .

message 5: by Lupdilup (new)

I finished Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter really, really enjoyed it.

I'm now starting The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks

message 6: by Lupdilup (new)

I finished The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks I'm not crazy about tromantic suspense, but this was pretty good, great narration.
I'm now listening to Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I finished City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane a couple of days ago and started the next book in the series Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane . Seriously hooked on this series:)

message 8: by Lupdilup (new)

I decided to start Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux

message 9: by Lupdilup (new)

Jonetta wrote: "I finished City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane a couple of days ago and started the next book in the series Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane. Seriously hooked on this series:)"

Sacrificial Magic was one my top listens of 2012 :)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Lupdilup wrote: "I decided to start Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux"

Cut & Run was SOOOOO good. (I read it)

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho) wrote: "LISTENING TO:
Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter

DONE:
Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole Peeler

TBR:

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrsion
Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh
Hit List by Laurell K. Ham..."

I only listened to the 1st 1/2 of Tracking the Tempest. I'm reading the other 1/2.

I started Skinwalker this morning in the car.

message 12: by Lupdilup (new)

I finished Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux Who new that a one of my favorite couples in a long time was going to come from a Bromance. I loved Ty and Zane, the chemistry between these two is top notch! HOT, HOT!
I wasn't 100% crazy about the mystery, I thought it was to easy to guess, but the protagonists' story and romance more than made up for it.

The narrator was just OK, I really don't think he did anything to improve the novel, and his female voices were terrible, thank God there weren't too many of them to make it a deal breaker.

All in all, a very enjoyable listen, but I'm left wondering if I could had enjoyed it even more if I read instead.

message 13: by Lupdilup (new)

I'm now listening to The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley

message 14: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments I've been wanting to get into that series, Loupe. I hear it gets better and better as it progresses. Didn't know it was out on audio.

message 15: by Lupdilup (new)

Lisa Kay wrote: "I've been wanting to get into that series, Loupe. I hear it gets better and better as it progresses. Didn't know it was out on audio."

The first book is one of my top ten listen of 2012, but I adored the book when I read it, and it was wonderful to re-visit.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho) wrote: "LISTENING TO:

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

DONE:
Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole PeelerSkinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter

TBR:

Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh
Hit List by Laurell K. Ha..."

Finished Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter yesterday. REALLY GOOD!

Started Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison this morning.

message 17: by Lupdilup (new)

Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy #1) by Jacqueline Carey This has been on my TBL for a couple years now, I already have it on my Iphone ready to go, but again I'm scare to start..LOL (33 hrs)
Is you have listened to already, let my know what you thought.
I'm planing to listen to this month
Splintered by A.G. Howard
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Series...
I already bought all these, so I better get going ..LOL

message 18: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Not Quite Dating (Not Quite #1) by Catherine Bybee - listening to on audio. Never read anything by this author. Narrated by Amy McFadden, who I don't think I've heard before. Good so far.

message 19: by Lupdilup (new)

finished The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley I just love this series, this is not my favorite in the series, but I still luuved it.
I'm now starting Splintered by A.G. Howard I got this one from the audiobook jukebox for review, dont forget to check their list, they are adding a few more romances.
Here is the link again
http://audiobookjukebox.squarespace.c...

message 20: by Lupdilup (new)

I finished Splintered by A.G. Howard If you enjoy retellings of Alice in Wonderland you might enjoy this new twist, narrator did a good job, but I didn't like her as much at a regular speed, but 1.5 was just perfect.

I made a list for this month, but now I don't know what I feel like listen to..LOL

message 21: by Lupdilup (new)

Listening to Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy #1) by Jacqueline Carey Taking my time with this.
The Secret (Highlands' Lairds, #1) by Julie Garwood and In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks

message 22: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 296 comments Just finished Homicide In Hardcover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #1) by Kate Carlisle yesterday and I liked the narrator, Eileen Steven. Never heard anything by her before.

message 23: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) I just finished Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day and have started on Intimate Deception by Laura Landon . The narrator on this one seems a bit overly dramatic, but not annoyingly so.