Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

Liz's 2013 52 book challenge

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt In two days the new challenge starts again on the heels of the old challenge which i am about to finish.

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt 1st book of the new year Rivers of London.

off to a good start!

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Rivers of London finished. Now to begin les miserables by victor hugo

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt God only just finished les miserables. Enjoyed it but took way too long to read. Hopefully only shorter books for a while

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy Great job!!! You're better than I, I have that one on my Kindle, and there it sits, I haven't even opened it yet. I DID however start Don Quixote,last and got to page 300 in about half a year! At this rate, I'll be done with it in about 5 years! LOL

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Joy wrote: "Great job!!! You're better than I, I have that one on my Kindle, and there it sits, I haven't even opened it yet. I DID however start Don Quixote,last and got to page 300 in about half a year! At t..."

im not even going for that one. I went for a childrens book for another challenge im doing just to have a break. turns out there are 9 or so wizard of oz books in a series. i read the second one. only took a day. however doesnt count for this challenge lol

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Next stop i think will be bring up the bodies by hilary mantel. read marvellous land of oz by Baum and have started Henry: A Virtuous Price by Starkey but neither count for this challenge. count for another though.

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Finished henry. bring up the bodies and true crime book underbelly will be read next together. hilary mantel too heavy to carry down the street

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Still reading underbelly and bring up the bodies but just finished skin trade laurell k hamikton

message 10: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt just finished flirt by laurell k hamilton

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt This weekend finished underbelly: the gangland war and double indemnity by James Caine. Still reading bring up the bodies and now started city of fallen angels by Cassandra clare

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Finished city of fallen angels by Cassandra Clare. Next bullet by laurell k Hamilton. Also still reading bring up the bodies by Hilary mantel

message 13: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt finished bullet by laurell k hamilton and still reading Bring up the bodies. hopefully finish that in a couple of days. Trying to decide next between eat, pray, love; midnights children, white tiger, or snowman.

message 14: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Started midnights children and then lost the damn book. Still reading bring up the bodies and just finished a game of thrones book one. That was a very good read

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Finally finished Bring Up the Bodies.
fantastic book. next to finish midnights children

message 16: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Finished midnights children by salman Rushdie. Took ages but interesting.

message 17: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Finished The Wars of the Roses absolutely brilliant

Nex treading Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night

message 18: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt That really didnt take very long at all. five and a half hours to read Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
wow!!!

I think next might go for horror and some fantasy. with The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

and A Clash of Kings

message 19: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt started both books and going to read the house of usher by poe and the white tiger once im done with jekyll and hyde

message 20: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Well that only took a day. So now it's on to the white tiger which I am really enjoying

message 21: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Finished The White Tiger

message 22: by Bec (new)

Bec (foreverfnm) | 40 comments Hey Liz, you seem to be doing really well! I really enjoyed The White Tiger, what did you end up thinking?

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Bec wrote: "Hey Liz, you seem to be doing really well! I really enjoyed The White Tiger, what did you end up thinking?"

i thought it to be well written. the main character was a fascinating insight into slavery. I liked the fact there was no conclusion to the story. as in reality life goes on good or bad. i liked how matter of fact the character was about everything including mr ashok's death. for such an easy to read book it was very descriptive. you could almost smell it

message 24: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Eat pray love by Elizabeth Gilbert. She went on a bit. Won't read again

message 25: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Read the snowman by jo nesbo and just finished dantes inferno. Both interesting for very different reasons

I also read another kresley cole book. Can't think of the title but am working my way through the immortal series in between everything else

message 26: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Another kresley cole book. Dark desires after dusk

message 27: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt also finished Christopher Paolini Inheritance and Dan Browns Inferno. Very similar to watching Utopia. Similar idea and very interesting. usual flow of story and chases and blah blah blah but still an interesting concept.

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt finished One Day. more interesting than i thought it would be. more a real life romance than the usual bollocks

message 29: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Read neuromancer a bit odd I must say.
Have also read Percy Jackson 1 a great beginning to a series must read more.
Also read the devil wears prada. Fab book.

message 30: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Finished ray Bradbury Fahrenheit 451

message 31: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt read journey to the centre of the earth by jules verne

message 32: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt need to catch this list up.
Tesseract
first two sookie stackhouse books
will have to remember the rest

message 33: by Liz (new)

Liz Hunt Just finished Neil gaiman American gods