In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) In the Woods question

The ending
Alice Alice Dec 30, 2012 10:35AM
What in the world was that ending about? What was the object they found at the end and how did it relate to the story? Am I missing something?

Most people want a neat wrap-up at the end of a mystery/thriller. You will not get that with this book, though it is just like life - messy, messy, messy.

Tana French is rich with skill and talent to delve into the psyche of her lead characters. I enjoyed how she brought the reader along for the ride, not giving up too much to spoil it for ya. I've read Broken Harbour and just started Faithful Place... and she hasn't disappointed me yet.

deleted member Mar 22, 2013 08:27PM   0 votes
I think it was a good change of pace in general. I was happy with the ending.

I have never been able to decide, either, but I've seen it mentioned here and there in these discussion threads. I didn't find any of the proposed theories to ring true for me. I suspect there's some significance, but not a massive "aha!".

It would have been nice to know what happened in the woods, but I thought this ending much more believable.

in interviews the author has mentioned she'll come back to Rob Ryan.. so maybe another novel from his view .. but at least returning to the subject... possibly to wrap it up