What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA - teen girl and her friends, best friend reveals secret abuse

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily | 8 comments I've had this book stuck in my head for around a week and I cannot figure out what it's called.

I must've read it around five years ago. From what I can remember, it's about a teenaged girl and her group of friends; boys and girls. The main thing that stands out is a scene when the girl goes to visit her best friend who has locked herself away in her room, and she eventually reveals that she was abused by either her uncle or cousin (it wasn't explicitly stated, just suggested) and she was dreading them visiting.

I'm really sorry I can't remember any more, and knowing me I've probably muddled two books in one. However, any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Hm. Do you know if it was new when you read it? If it was older than 5 yrs, maybe Silver?

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily | 8 comments Thanks for the quick reply! I had a look and unfortunately, it doesn't ring any bells. I think it was quite a new book at the time, say between late 1990s to 2006. Sorry I can't remember any more information!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1529 comments Could it be Nina Won't Tell, from the Making Out series by Katherine Applegate? (the series was also known as Boyfriends/Girlfriends).

Published 1994 and it's about a girl whose uncle comes to visit and she is freaking out because the uncle abused her as a child.

message 5: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 709 comments Nina Won't Tell for the link.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Sep 19, 2014 05:56PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Lily, was your book "Nina Won't Tell"?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.