Well Trained Mind Readers discussion

Book a Week in 2013

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin Mccormack (robinmccormack) | 39 comments Are you ready for another round of Reading 52 books in 52 Weeks? Whether you are just joining in or continuing on for another round, the rules are very simple. The goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks. Make the year easy and casual or kick it up by exploring new to you authors and genres. Challenge yourself to read at least some classics or delve into that chunkster (more than 500 pages) you always wanted to tackle. The goal is to read 52 books. How you get there is up to you.

Since this is our 5th year, I challenge you to a 5/5/5 challenge. Read 5 books in 5 Categories and/or 5 Genres. I have several mini challenges to make it fun. Check out www.read52booksin52weeks.com for all the mini challenges

message 2: by Cleo (new)

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 274 comments Thanks, Robin. I'm ready! I'm going to try the 5/5/5 challenge (haven't decided which categories yet) and also your C.S. Lewis challenge. I'm also pondering whether to continue on my classics-bent or try to focus on non-fiction history for 2013.

Hmmm ....... lots to decide!

message 3: by TeacherMommy (new)

TeacherMommy | 3 comments Im nervous about this! I'm really not a reader, but only because I don't make the time. When do you all read??

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin Mccormack (robinmccormack) | 39 comments I read during breakfast, lunch, while treadmilling, after dinner, before bed. I don't watch a lot of tv so have all sorts of time to read. You just have to make the time. It's there. Look at your day and when you have downtime. How do you spend it? You'll probably discover time to read.

message 5: by Stacia (new)

Stacia I try to read when I'm sitting in traffic (lots of long red lights around here), while the kids are in extra-curricular activities, and any other time I can find 10 or 15 minutes to read. I also like giving myself an excuse to head to the local coffee shop w/ my book, so I can enjoy a bit of reading with a good cup of coffee.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (aggieamy) | 1 comments I'm another person that doesn't watch much (any) TV so I have time in the evening and sometimes in the afternoon to do a bit of reading. I make a point of going to bed an hour before I have to go to sleep so I have that time to read also.

message 7: by TeacherMommy (new)

TeacherMommy | 3 comments Thanks, all! I need to get out of my TV habit, which is part of the reason I am doing this.

message 8: by Cleo (new)

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 274 comments Okay, I think I've figured out my 5/5/5 challenge:

5 books by C.S. Lewis
5 books by William Shakespeare
5 books on History (Non-fiction)
5 Classics (easy for me)
5 books by G.K. Chesterton

The classics and Lewis should be easy, history and Shakespeare may take some work and Chesterton might be my downfall. Time shall tell ...... :-)