Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

Name suggestions for K & P's children?
Rachel Rachel Dec 30, 2012 09:25AM
Were they sentimental and named their Daughter and Son after someone of importance in their lives? Maybe of their passed loved ones?

Or were the names new and original?

What about "Dandelion" for a girl, because dandelions symbolize Katniss and Peeta's relationship. And maybe "Duo" for a boy from "duodecim" the latin translation of twelve. For you know... the the bombed district 12.

Laura (last edited Jan 01, 2013 02:02PM ) Dec 31, 2012 03:00PM   0 votes
I like the idea of the girl being named after a flower, as a tribute to Prim, like Azalea, Saffron or Zinnia.

For the boy, I like the idea of naming him Gaothaire, because it means "wind". Gale was an important part of Katniss's life and his name also means wind.

Zaria I like Gaothaire a lot and I really like Saffron
Jan 14, 2013 04:25PM · flag

deleted member Jan 02, 2013 08:11PM   0 votes
I like "Dingleberry" and "Chewbacca"

It's what I'm going to name my future children. Oh wait - "Smeagol" is a great name as well.

Siobhan You can't have Smeagol. That's my kid's name. ...more
Jan 13, 2013 03:15AM · flag

I like the name jasmine

I'll go out on a limb and say that they were given original names. I'll say Abigail and David. Abigail means "father's joy," and David means "beloved." It says that Peeta wanted children badly, so they fit.

If she were to name them after people, some good names would be Gale Finnick and Primrose Rue. If not, who knows.

Ok well, I wanted it to be in the whole flower plant name, so i really have always liked Lilly for a girl

deleted member Jan 05, 2013 04:30AM   0 votes
Girl: Raine, Dandelion, Mockingjay (IDK, unlikely)
Boy; Ryan (like Rye, which is a bread), David, Connor (*shrugs*)

Please let them be original. I really dislike when kids are named after traumatically killed people.

I vote for Susie and Bobby. Give those kids a break and let them be someone their PTSD'd parents can look at without being sad.