Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Two new nook colors in our house..how to?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiem1721) | 3 comments We got each of our boys nook colors for Christmas. I'm setting up the nooks and have a question about how I should do this. The boys are 10 and 4 and each will have different taste in books at this point but they both like to play the same apps.
Can I set up an account separate from mine and have one account for both of them? However, is there a way to keep their books separate?

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 77 comments I don't think you can separate the books, but you could just drag their favorites on to the main pages and the rest will just scroll along the bottom.

message 3: by Delrea (new)

Delrea Good | 10 comments Use your bookshelf and make a shelf for each of them.

message 4: by AmyK (last edited Dec 31, 2012 01:51PM) (new)

AmyK (yakyma) Vicki wrote: "I don't think you can separate the books, but you could just drag their favorites on to the main pages and the rest will just scroll along the bottom."

I have all my son's apps and books dragged to one of the home pages on mine and then i remove all the ones that scroll on the bottom. If he had his own i would probably just add it to my Barnes and Noble account and only download the things that are his onto his device.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments Angie, the new HD Nook will allow you to set up 3 different profiles. I'm not sure if Nook Color will do that - you should call B&N, they will tell you if that feature is available for the Nook color.

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) I got a nook color for christmas and LOVE it

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 77 comments The profiles are a new feature on the HD devices.

message 8: by Linda (last edited Jan 01, 2013 08:58AM) (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments Ohhhh, so that won't help Angie then. It is a good feature to have when you are sharing a Nook with more than 1 person. I love my Nook HD!!

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) Angie wrote: "We got each of our boys nook colors for Christmas. I'm setting up the nooks and have a question about how I should do this. The boys are 10 and 4 and each will have different taste in books at th..."

If you have a nook color. If they are using the same account they will get the same thing. Move it into differant shelves is the best you can do.

message 10: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 221 comments use the archive feature to remove stuff from the younger one that the older one wants, and vice versa. Stop in at a B&N store, they might be able to help you with something simple or more permanent. Either way, put them on your account or create another account for them, but use one account for both of them so you save yourself some headaches (and passwords)

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) I have a Nook HD which allows several different profiles. Each profile can have their own books and you as a parent can set up parental controls limiting what your children can get.