Pokemon Professors United (PPU) discussion

Games > What Pokemon has most surprised you?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) Okay, so we all know right away which Pokemon are likely the strongest in a generation and the game... but have you ever used a Pokemon, say, just for fun or because it looked cute or cool and you were really surprised by how well it did in battle? :)

We all have these predisposed notices towards certain Pokemon, but when the right natures and right Pokemon match up, you get some great surprises.

For me, I had a kickass Shellos/Gastrodon named 'Squiggles' in my Pokemon Pearl. I decided to use him because he was the only Water type I had at the time (besides training a Magikarp which I wasn't in the mood for) and so I added him with the intention of replacing him later... but MAN! he's got incredible Sp. Atk and is the best Water Pokemon I ever raised. Not to mention the cutest! <3

message 2: by Caleb (new)

Caleb Izard One of my biggest surprises was my Golbat from leafgreen. I had never used one before cause I thought they were just annoying little guys put in just to be there but he was so fast.

message 3: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments golbats are fast. and poison fang is pretty cool.

message 4: by Summer (new)

Summer (wildskf) Not just fast, ridiculously fast! I was watching Marriland's Emerald Nuzlocke and his Zubat/Golbat/Crobat nicknamed Frittata was the only one of the original 6 he caught to make it all the way to the end of the game, amd all because of its' speed stat.

While playing through my Pokemon Diamond, I've actually been pretty impressed with Bronzor too. I normally don't invest a lot in defensive 'wall' Pokemon but Bronzor's sturdiness has gotten me out of lots of messes.

That being said, is it better for a Bronzor/Bronzong to have Levitate or Heatproof as its' ability?

message 5: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments I like heavy metal, cuz then iI can play mind games ;)

message 6: by The landmaster (last edited Feb 09, 2013 11:59AM) (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 74 comments I would have to say Magnazone surprised me most. I thought his x4 ground weakness would make him worthless but he as crazy high defence, sp. defence and sp. attack.

I used to read but now I don't It's bad I know (spark740) I was doing a nuzlocke and was forced to catch a zigzagoon and train it to a linoone. The thing pwned. It swept Brawly single handedly. I was knocked over

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Out of all the Pokemon I have gotten to use, I would say my Crobat surprised me the most, my Magnezone is a close second.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah, Sylveon is a master of derp and destruction.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I must say, Delphox surprised me too, he took out so many Pokemon(even Minion Salamence). O_O

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

*High Five of Awesome Delphox*

Hooray for Minion(ohhh, good strategy there).