Book Of the Month > January BOTM: ICED by Karen Marie Moning

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new) - rated it 5 stars

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 792 comments Mod
One of our Books of the Month for January is:

ICED by Karen Marie Moning!!!!

Please read and discuss below

Rachel (teachermom_rach) | 3 comments Bought this when it first came out, but haven't found a chance to read it. Perfect opportunity! :)

Kaarinedm | 12 comments I was there at this book's release in New Orleans.. if you havent read KMM's fever series, I do suggest (highly) that you start with that and then move onto this as this one is technically book 6 in the series. If you havent read KMM, be warned: she ruins it for all others as I have found no other author that can compare. The fever series is my fav of all time. Enjoy!

message 4: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Loved it! It was my favorite birthday present and I devoured it in a day. I agree, KMM is by far my favorite, with Kresley Cole coming in at a close 2nd. Read it, but I strongly suggest you read the Fever Series 1st. You won't be disappointed.

Brianna | 64 comments I've had this since it came out, but am pretty hesitant to start reading this. I liked Dani in the Fever books, but other characters, I'm not too sure on.

message 6: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat Klein | 151 comments Right there, too. Fever is #1 on my list. Although I've found a close second with Downside by Stacia Kane.

That being said, I'm really worried about Christian. I hate what's happening to him. And Ryo? He's no JZB :) However for the first book from Dani's PoV I'm relly enjoying it.

message 7: by K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. | 95 comments I love the Fever Series! I love Mac! However, I read the excerpt from this book and I don't know if it's Dani's age or just the dialogue, but I couldn't get into it. Maybe I was expecting it to be similar to Mac and it just isn't. Let me know if this gets better or should I expect more of the same throughout the book.

message 8: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) Kaarinedm wrote: "I was there at this book's release in New Orleans.. if you havent read KMM's fever series, I do suggest (highly) that you start with that and then move onto this as this one is technically book 6 i..."

Thanks, I'll do that. Although it will put me behind in the BOMT read.

message 9: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) Kat wrote: "Right there, too. Fever is #1 on my list. Although I've found a close second with Downside by Stacia Kane....."

Had to pick this one up now. Only $2.99 on Kindle. Thanks for the tip.

message 10: by JP (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimberly wrote: "I love the Fever Series! I love Mac! However, I read the excerpt from this book and I don't know if it's Dani's age or just the dialogue, but I couldn't get into it. Maybe I was expecting it to be ..."

You get used to Dani (i didn't like her in the fever series) and it gets a whole lot better thanks to the supporting cast

message 11: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (withererose) Still waiting for my copy from the library....takes quite awhile to get newer books...specially when they only have 1 copy :( is it going to matter reading this if I didn't finish the last book of the Fever series? JW

Brianna | 64 comments It's the supporting cast that worries me, not Dani. Lol.

message 13: by K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. | 95 comments Thanks, Jacki! I keep waiting for the Kindle price to get just a little bit lower before I buy it :)

message 14: by JP (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki wrote: "Still waiting for my copy from the library....takes quite awhile to get newer books...specially when they only have 1 copy :( is it going to matter reading this if I didn't finish the last book of..."

They will ruin some of the ending of the last Fever book, but you don't have to have read it to understand the story

message 15: by JP (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brianna wrote: "It's the supporting cast that worries me, not Dani. Lol."

I loved the supporting cast. I thought they were the best part of the book.

Brianna | 64 comments Well, it's not so much the supporting cast, as much as it is Ryodan and Christian. I've heard some stuff about how they are in this book, and that's what's stopped me from reading it so far.

message 17: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (withererose) Jacki wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Still waiting for my copy from the library....takes quite awhile to get newer books...specially when they only have 1 copy :( is it going to matter reading this if I didn't finish th..."

Aww oh well I'm still gonna read the last one of the fever series regardless, just love her writing, hope it's as good :) And I'm hoping it came to the library today tired of waiting >.< lol

message 18: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (withererose) Just finally got my copy from the library :( why does it have to be so long? it'll take me forever to read it since school just started :( hopefully I can finish it before I have to return it :(

message 19: by JP (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki wrote: "Just finally got my copy from the library :( why does it have to be so long? it'll take me forever to read it since school just started :( hopefully I can finish it before I have to return it :("

Let me know what you think when you do

Marcia (marcygold) Nikki wrote: "Still waiting for my copy from the library....takes quite awhile to get newer books...specially when they only have 1 copy :( is it going to matter reading this if I didn't finish the last book of..."

I wouldn't read this out of order due to something important that happens with Dani and Mac, but if you don't have Shadowfever to understand this one.

Cheryl (char_lene) | 3 comments Loved Iced! Would highly recomend all of the Fever books. I feel ya Nikki. I was #23 on the list to get Iced from my library. Learned to start searching the library web site a week before a book release to get my hands on it first.