شارع المتنبي discussion

Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Soad (new)

Soad (jumping_crickets) | 8 comments I just noticed that this group is missing an intro so I thought it would be nice to get to know who was in the group since it is a small group.

well I'm Soad hi!!
my Arabic is not that great and I'm working on it and thats why I joined this group, and of course I want to know what other Iraqi people are reading!!

Mohamedridha Alaskari محمد رضا العسكري (isumeri) | 3 comments Hi Soad,
Thanks for this topic, most of Iraqis reading but the don't use goodreads. However, I'm reading Criminology, Security, Military, Psychology and MORE!!

message 3: by Sayoufy (new)

Sayoufy | 6 comments me .. poetry politics ,philosophy,chemistry ...you are welcome soad

message 4: by Soad (last edited Feb 03, 2013 09:56PM) (new)

Soad (jumping_crickets) | 8 comments About time some one answered!!! Its just that I dont have alot of friends who read and when I start to talk about books they give me a funny look and I dont want to seem "stuck up", so I dont bring it up anymore. anyway thank you for welcoming me!!! I love to read anything I can get my hands on, history, war ,theology, psychology,classics,Dystopia,The middle earth series and of course Harry Potter, not for the witchcraft abut for the philosophy that is embedded in them.

message 5: by Ghada (new)

Ghada Als. (ghadahshakir) | 3 comments Hi
I am Ghada I like to read Novels and Sociology books . My favorite author is Ali Alwardi...

message 6: by Sayoufy (new)

Sayoufy | 6 comments Soad wrote: "About time some one answered!!! Its just that I dont have alot of friends who read and when I start to talk about books they give me a funny look and I dont want to seem "stuck up", so I dont bring..."

well you are welcome i just found a site on facebook that about books and dowenload it ... its really great , im really happy if i get to be your friend

message 7: by Sufian (new)

Sufian dhirar | 7 comments hi .. my name is sufian .. from basrah .. i am new in this groub and this app. i am very interrested in international novels and my favorite writer is paulo coelho .. thanks

message 8: by Sufian (new)

Sufian dhirar | 7 comments hi .. my name is sufian .. from basrah .. i am new in this groub and this app. i am very interrested in international novels and my favorite writer is paulo coelho .. thanks

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments Hi my name is Sarah . from baghdad . I've just joined goodreads and i love the application . i love reading novels , scientific books and much more !! I would be glad having you as a friend :)

message 10: by مروة (new)

مروة الجزائري (marplebooks) Hi,

I am Marwa from Basra, Iraq. and i am great fan of Al mutanabi street.

مرحبا
انا مروة من البصرة
ومن عشاق شارع المتنبي.

message 11: by Raghad (new)

Raghad Ibrahim | 3 comments hi I'm Raghad Iraqi living in Melbourne. I like reading historical fiction novels. I found Khalid Hosseini writing very interesting. he writes about Afghanistan. I so wish some Iraqi do the same. we have a rich historical events someone should bring it to light.

message 12: by Suha (new)

Suha | 7 comments Hi am Suha from Baghdad.I like reading fiction novels and romance and history ,always enjoy a story have alot of meaning beside the main event ,reading take me places i never been ,it my own world and no one can change it

message 13: by Dr (new)

Dr Ayyam | 12 comments مرحبا .. أنا أيام من ديالى وأحب القراءة كثيرا وليس لدي اصدقاء كثر يحبون القراءة .. ولكني استمتع بعالمي مع كتبي وأعشق طريقتي في العيش مع الكتب

message 14: by أحلام (new)

أحلام  بريئة | 9 comments I'm Ahlem fro Algeria, I like Iraq too much and I wish I can visit it. I like reading novels and playing football. It my pleasure to share the same group.

Laith 𒇲𒀉 (enkidulaith) | 10 comments Hi
i am laith from Baghdad, i like to read Novels,philosophyand i wish to read all books about mesopotamia ^^

message 16: by Rand (new)

Rand Salam | 10 comments Raghad wrote: "hi I'm Raghad Iraqi living in Melbourne. I like reading historical fiction novels. I found Khalid Hosseini writing very interesting. he writes about Afghanistan. I so wish some Iraqi do the same. w..."

there is darling few iraqi writers talk about iraq and made novels that won awards

message 17: by د. (new)

د. الجبوري (saadaljubbory) | 11 comments hi
a im saad, 34 years old, am dentist from iraq, i write poetry and novels and also theatre, for me reading is life, i love d. ali alwardi books, paolo kholeo, and muthafer alnawab.
for me writing is manner of living not famous.

message 18: by Aia (new)

Aia (aiaalmarsumy) | 9 comments Aia,Dentist from Iraq..who loves reading bits and pieces..novels,philosphic,etc.
and i believe every1 should read 'cuz one life is not enough!

message 19: by د. (new)

د. الجبوري (saadaljubbory) | 11 comments Aia wrote: "Aia,Dentist from Iraq..who loves reading bits and pieces..novels,philosphic,etc.
and i believe every1 should read 'cuz one life is not enough!"

so we now 2 dentist, viva
good times for you

message 20: by حسےين (new)

حسےين شے (hussien_sh) | 1 comments Hi im hussein 19 years ... I like raed philosophy psychology novels... more

message 21: by Lance (new)

Lance Morcan | 2 comments Hi - I'm a New Zealand novelist seeking reviews for my conspiracy thriller The Ninth Orphan (The Orphan Trilogy, #1). If you are interested in doing a review I’ll email a pdf of the novel to you.

The Ninth Orphan (The Orphan Trilogy, #1) by James Morcan

The storyline:
An orphan grows up to become an assassin for a highly secretive organization. When he tries to break free and live a normal life, he is hunted by his mentor and father figure, and by a female orphan he spent his childhood with. On the run, the mysterious man's life becomes entwined with his beautiful French-African hostage and a shocking past riddled with the darkest of conspiracies is revealed.

The Amazon link is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0056I4FKC

If reading/reviewing THE NINTH ORPHAN appeals, advise me of your email address and I’ll forward a copy immediately. Thanks!

Lance Morcan
sterlinggatebooks@gmail.com

message 22: by Mostafa (last edited Oct 04, 2014 01:06AM) (new)

Mostafa Rosheed (rosheed) | 11 comments Hi, I'm Mostafa from Karbala. I love that sort of novels that keep the reader doubting something and then something else happens. Which means the old novels of Jane Austen and from the modern Dan Brown <3

message 23: by لمى (new)

لمى جمجوم | 14 comments Lama jamjoom, i am frim saudi arabia. İ love reading and actually my taste is changing everywhile!

İ am studying electrical and computer engineering, here in jeddah.

İ like to try reading all kind of books, but not the developing ones that tend to talk to you (HR)!!! İt makes me crazy. LOL

İ read arabic and english. Arabic is more fun though. Novels are the soul food.
Tending to go to history stories inshAllah.
اتشرفت بمعرفة الجميع.

message 24: by Noor (new)

Noor | 3 comments I am noor from dylia , i love history books also communication engineering books ,I am study engineering master

message 25: by Maryam (new)

Maryam Majeed | 2 comments hi my name is Maryam ,dentist from Iraq live in u.s.a. ,,love to read novels ,poetry , philosophy,and Iraq ancient history .
reading is the best way to understand the world

message 26: by Hasnaa (last edited Oct 07, 2014 01:06AM) (new)

Hasnaa Tabra (hasnaatabra) | 1 comments hi .. im Hasnaa ..engineer .. from Baghdad..live in Slemani..love reading in general .. sepciallllyyy novels ..i read only digital books coz its soo hard to find arabic books in kurdistan but i enjoy that :).. i believe reading is good for soul.

message 27: by Karam (new)

Karam Kamil | 3 comments Hi I'm Karam .. "female" dentist .. 27 years ..live in baghdad .. love travelling from time to time just to escape from the work stress.. and adore reading anything but I'm in love with Jane Austen's books ... ❤❤

message 28: by Rawan (new)

Rawan | 1 comments So awkward that we all Arabs from iraq but we write in English I'll be the first one who introduce myself in Arabic
مرحبا اني روان من العراق بغداد
تعجبني القراءة بشكل عام و أحب الكتب و العلمية و الروايات بشكل خاص و هذا مايعني انو أني بس اقره هل مواضيع
و هذا كل شي

message 29: by د. (new)

د. الجبوري (saadaljubbory) | 11 comments hi karam .. you r the 3rd dentist in the thread wellcome

message 30: by Karam (new)

Karam Kamil | 3 comments hey Dr. Saad .. well I counted us .. we are 4 LoL

message 31: by د. (new)

د. الجبوري (saadaljubbory) | 11 comments dr. karam .. that's great .. we r now a minority .. greetings

message 32: by Mays (new)

Mays Habeeb (alshwhani) | 2 comments اني ميس من العراق بغداد اعيش ب تركيا ... القراءة هي العالم الحقيقي الذي اعيش فيه اما الواقع فهو وهم وكذبة كبيرة

message 33: by Sara (new)

Sara Amori | 3 comments Hi cogs, its Sara, im dentist from baghdad, i adore reading, i have nothing to like specifically, i just read all good books.

message 34: by د. (new)

د. الجبوري (saadaljubbory) | 11 comments wellcome sara.. viva dentists .. we prove that's dentist=educated ..

message 35: by Adnan (new)

Adnan Charrakh | 4 comments عدنان
النجف الأشرف
عربي انجليزي اسباني
متخصص في تكنولوجيا المعلومات
القراءة - كرة القدم - البرمجة وعلوم الحاسوب
أكثر قراءاتي الكترونية حاليا (الفضل لجهاز النوت 3) .. ولا استغني عن الكتب الورقية

message 36: by Luma (new)

Luma | 1 comments Hi my name is Luma , Newly graduated Dentist (few months ago). I started to read books after my graduation , so i found myself in love with novels and books about psychology .

message 37: by د. (new)

د. الجبوري (saadaljubbory) | 11 comments luma .. the 5th dentist .. we r educated ... viva .. welcome luma

message 38: by Bibliomania (new)

Bibliomania | 5 comments I'm Abeer from Baghdad, Medical student ,4th stage ;read all types of books , l love novels more than other books.

message 39: by Erahart (new)

Erahart Emelya | 1 comments Hi my name is neabaa
I'm chemical engineering
4th stage thank God ^_^
L♥ve book more than people

message 40: by Narjis (new)

Narjis | 3 comments haii my name is Narjis and i am from Baghdad
and books is my passion :)

message 41: by Lina (new)

Lina Laith | 2 comments اني لينا من العراق..اعيش بدبي..احب قراءة الكتب المفيدة والي تزيد من معلوماتي..احب اقرا الكتب الورقية اكثر من الالكترونية,,,بس شكلي راح احول حفاضا عن البيئة والاشجار..

message 42: by Rand (new)

Rand Muayed (randmuayed) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Rand ,16. From Diyala :) I love reading YA novels, romance, fiction & nonfiction (i'd read anything to be honest). I'm also interested in languages, art and healthy living. I'm an agnostic and I'm always up to read new stuff if anyone has any recommendations !

message 43: by Alhamza.Fadil (new)

Alhamza.Fadil | 9 comments Hi..im alhamza from iraq- najaf..im interested in novels and philosophy books..and sociology and anthropology..my inspiration resource auther is Ali Shariaty..

message 44: by Dr (new)

Dr Ayyam | 12 comments hi
my name is ayyam
im a doctor
i love reading too much so i read every thing

message 45: by Hayder (new)

Hayder Aamer | 3 comments Hello

I am Dr. Hayder from Karbala, interested in writings of Ali Shariety, Mustafa Mahmood, Ali Al Wardi, Gibran, Ibrahim Al Kawny, Stephen R. Covey, Abdul Razzaq Gibran & Ziad Rahbani.

Kind Regards,

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 11, 2016 09:31AM) (new)

Salam everyone im Noor 'female' 20 years old born in the Uk but from Baghdad and a business student (future financial manager) love poerty, ficiton and history book .... nice to meet everyone

message 47: by Ali (new)

Ali Faisal (alifaisal) | 5 comments Hi
I'm Ali, i'm a pharmacist.
I love reading.

message 48: by Amna (new)

Amna Alsaidy | 6 comments السلام عليكم :)
امنة
22 سنة
طالبة طب
من العراق
احب القراءة و احب اعرف العراقيين شيقرون بعيدا عن السياسة
فخورة بالسمعة الرائعة لشارع المتنبي بين العرب عامة

message 49: by داود (new)

داود أوغلو | 1 comments This is engineer Dawood
46 years old
I love reading.
It is my pleasure to be friend with all members.

message 50: by أمجد (new)

أمجد نجم الزيدي | 4 comments Hi my name is Amjad, I'm from Iraq. I`m a literary critic, I have one book about poetry and narrative (novels, short stories). I sometimes write some short stories and articles.

« previous 1