City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) City of Lost Souls discussion

Brother Zachariah

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivia What do you think the story is behind our beloved silent brother? I am constantly reading about how people believe it's Will or Jem. Do you agree? Disagree?

*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~* To be honest i don't know what to believe... Some stuff make sense but on the other hand... is it possible? But if i had to choose, i would say that it's Jem, because he is the one dying... And Will... well let's just say that keeping his mouth shut for more than a minute without making a sarcastic comment is impossible :-) So, yeah, it would be a great way for Jem to never leave our lives and for Cassie to save thousands of girls from having their OTP taken from them and having their hearts broken :-)

Sophie I reckon that if these theories are right, it would be Jem. He is the one who is dying and perhaps the Brothers can help him, because Will would have no cause or desire to continue living, let alone prolong his life if he had to live without Tessa. Something IS going on, I just can't quite put my finger on it...

*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~* Sophie wrote: "I reckon that if these theories are right, it would be Jem. He is the one who is dying and perhaps the Brothers can help him, because Will would have no cause or desire to continue living, let alon..."

Agreed. Plus i think that Jace doesn't exactly qualify to be a Silent Brother. Fighting is what he does best and if his family (meaning everyine living in the Institute) was taken away from him, it would destroy him completely...

Maria Paula I dont know what to think, Because i think the autor(is a little evil) Want us to think think that is Jem or Will, to surprice us with that, but if he is Jem or Will, I think Is Jem, dark eyes, dark hair, And Jem is Dying so...

Nurlely According to the theories, Jem should be ideal as Brother Zac. Bro Zac said that he loves 2 persons. Will and Tessa are people he actually loves. He is probably a caring young man, but he is also not close with anyone else. And he loved his parents, but he hardly recognise them since he was very young when they died. And Jem has every reason to prolong his life, or to recover from his long suffering illness. He might say that he is not qualified as a Silent brother, for he is an addict, but we are not sure whether he said that because he was very sure about that or simply because he felt that he didn't deserve being one.

Will would not be a Silent brother. As Sophie has mentioned above, he will not 'happily' continue living if he is to lose Tessa forever. I don't know why I have this idea, but I think Will is too alive to be a lurking-at-the-back-quietly Silent brother. And Will loves more than 2 persons. He might disguised himself as an arrogant prick, but Will is actually a nice young man with warm heart. He loves Tessa, Jem, Cecily, Charlotte, Henry and his parents.

Gideon could be one, and those 2 persons can be Sophie and their child. Since I haven't gone through his character as much as I did Will, I do not know the reasons of why he can be Brother Zac.

Hopefully Cassie will surprise us all... :)

Maria Paula Oh yes, she will surprise us !! , i just hope there is a happy ending in that book