Heroes of Olympus discussion

FUNNIEST QUOTES

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emily Ann (new)

Emily Ann this is like a thought quote

He managed to swivel sideways to avoid breaking his legs on impact. The snack platter skittered across the roof and sailed through the air. The platter went one way. Percy went the other.

As he fell toward the highway, a horrible scenario flashed through his mind: his body smashing against an SUV's windshield, some annoyed commuter trying to push him off with the wipers.

Stupid sixteen-year-old kid falling from the sky! I'm late!

-Rick Riordan, The Son Of Neptune

message 2: by Sheechiibii (last edited Feb 17, 2013 04:02AM) (new)

Sheechiibii Yeah baby, check me out! :D

Without a doubt, the funniest part of the entire series. I could not stop laughting all the way through that chapter.

message 3: by FreshKicks (new)

FreshKicks | 88 comments "Delaying death is my favorite hobby"
-Leo

message 4: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments Leo: so you repeat everything?
Echo: everything
Leo:that could be fun
Echo: fun
Leo: kiss me you fool
Echo: you fool
Leo: hey!

-the Mark of athena
Lol this made me laugh!!

message 5: by Emily Ann (new)

Emily Ann Selena wrote: "Leo: so you repeat everything?
Echo: everything
Leo:that could be fun
Echo: fun
Leo: kiss me you fool
Echo: you fool
Leo: hey!

-the Mark of athena
Lol this made me laugh!!"

I know love it.

message 6: by Camryn (new)

Camryn | 13 comments demigod3 wrote: "baby i invented scrawny and scrawny is the new sizzling hot (the whole team Leo chapter)"

I was literally laughing all throughout that chapter. Omg I love Leo xD

message 7: by FreshKicks (new)

FreshKicks | 88 comments Team BADASS: Percy Jackson, Leo Valdez, and Gleeson Hedge.
...do I need to say more?

message 8: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments Lol xD

message 9: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments seems like piper and jason are not high on the popularity list. they're fine, just not very likeable

percy,leo,and annabeth, they are to awesome to not like.
frank and hazel are just likable people.

and who could not like gleeson hedge? though i would love grover to be in the next book. i wonder how they would react to each other? or do they already know each other?

message 10: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments :(

message 11: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments lol. i can't find any PJO and HoO lovers anywhere!!! except on the net. got my sister to read the book too. though she is already suffering with me for the HoH :P

why would anyone hate reading????????????????

message 12: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments Kggelen wrote: "My friend think texting counts as reading... :/"

What?! It's not the same!! O_o

message 13: by FreshKicks (new)

FreshKicks | 88 comments Texting doesnt have a main character....and i do hav a friend whose reading MoA but she's taking soooo loooong....i cant wait for her to finish so we can fangirl together!!!!! *squeal*

message 14: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) From the lost hero:

"That is so cool," Jason said. "Why didn't you say anything?"
Leo closed his hand and the fire went out. " Didn't want to look like a freak."

"I have lightning and wind powers," Jason reminded him. "Piper can turn beautiful and charm people into giving her BMWs. You're no more a freak than we are. And, hey, maybe you can fly, too. Like jump off a building and yell, 'Flame On!' "

Leo snorted. "If i did that, you would see a flaming kid falling to his death, and I would be yelling something a little stronger than 'Flame On!' "

XD.

message 15: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) IKR? Im just reading THoO again and again every month.

Dani Stark, Daughter of Apollo, Gryffindor Halfblood, Avenger, Time Lord, Hunter &  More  (dani19percyssister) Neha wrote: "From the lost hero:

"That is so cool," Jason said. "Why didn't you say anything?"
Leo closed his hand and the fire went out. " Didn't want to look like a freak."

"I have lightning and wind powers..."

<3 <3

message 17: by Neha (last edited Mar 20, 2013 10:17PM) (new)

Neha (neha71580) " I can't summon any more gas!" Leo warned. Then his face turned red. "Woah, that came out wrong. I meant the burning kind!”
― Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero

message 18: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments LOL!!!!!!! xD

message 19: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments loved that part. i have way to many favorite parts to fit on this.

i think my favorite part from PJO was in the sea of monsters when they all thought percy was dead. i just loved annabeth's reaction! still can't beleive it took about 5 years since they met to start dating. between everybook it is a year right? because he gets older in every book?

message 20: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments Rapture wrote: "loved that part. i have way to many favorite parts to fit on this.

i think my favorite part from PJO was in the sea of monsters when they all thought percy was dead. i just loved annabeth's reacti..."

When everybody thought he was dead it was in the 4th book, the battle of the laberynth

message 21: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments oh yeah! don't know what i eas thinking. thanx for fixing my mistake :P

message 22: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments meant was, not eas

message 23: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments Sure oyur wlcome :)

message 24: by Leilani (new)

Leilani | 68 comments lol

Dani Stark, Daughter of Apollo, Gryffindor Halfblood, Avenger, Time Lord, Hunter &  More  (dani19percyssister) Neha wrote: "" I can't summon any more gas!" Leo warned. Then his face turned red. "Woah, that came out wrong. I meant the burning kind!”
― Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero"

Haha!

message 26: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) The Lost Hero-

" Leo: Gaea wanted me to betray you guys and i was like 'Pfft! Right, i'm gonna listen to a face in potty sludge' "

message 27: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments Lol! xD

message 28: by FreshKicks (new)

FreshKicks | 88 comments Evil villians are so funny...I mean if you were going for scary and all-powerful did you really have to appear in a Porta-Potty?

message 29: by Emily Ann (new)

Emily Ann LEO!!!

message 30: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) FreshKicks wrote: "Evil villians are so funny...I mean if you were going for scary and all-powerful did you really have to appear in a Porta-Potty?"

Haha so true!!

message 31: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 Rapture wrote: "lol. i can't find any PJO and HoO lovers anywhere!!! except on the net. got my sister to read the book too. though she is already suffering with me for the HoH :P

why would anyone hate reading????..."

If it's Rick's, they would HATE the time between books.

One time on the bus in first grade (I was reading HP) one 5th grader saw me reading and asked me, "Why do you even LIKE reading?!?!?!?" I could barely control myself. I felt like locking him in a room with only books until he liked reading... not as much as I do, but to at least like it.

message 32: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments I know!!!!! If you hate reading it means you either haven't read enough or just haven't found your genre

message 33: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) I hate people insulting the one who loves books as nerds. I mean, so what if they like reading. People calling them nerds make them more shy to everyone...and im not saying this because im the one (who cares if i am) but because i have seen those kids being so nervous because they're being insulted all the time.

message 34: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments Eh. I'm probably the biggest need you could ever meet an I'm not afraid to show it. Then again this is coming from the person who's mom seriously considered testing me for insanity or some sort of brain disfunction. Also the girl who fears almost nothing and has practically no awareness of the things around her.

message 35: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."

- As was so wisely said by Sheldon in TBBT

message 36: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments Very wisely.:)

message 37: by Mantha8225 (new)

Mantha8225 exactly.

message 38: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments I think their just jealous that were much more entertaining, funny, and smart then them :P

message 39: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 244 comments Haha(smirk)

Dani Stark, Daughter of Apollo, Gryffindor Halfblood, Avenger, Time Lord, Hunter &  More  (dani19percyssister) Mantha8225 wrote: ""I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."

- As was so wisely said by Sheldon in TBBT"

Haha! <3

message 41: by Selena (new)

Selena  (selipoky) | 70 comments Mantha8225 wrote: ""I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."

- As was so wisely said by Sheldon in TBBT"

smart thing to say!

message 42: by Lukat (new)

Lukat | 5 comments Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoe said. "We should eat while we can."

Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"

Zoe blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"

"Nothing," Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fries."

Even Thalia smiled at that. "And I need to use the dam restroom."......I started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover joined in, while Zoe just looked at me. "I do not understand."

"I want to use the dam water fountain," Grover said.

"And..." Thalia tried to catch her breath. "I want to buy a dam t-shirt."

-The Titan's Curse

message 43: by Lukat (new)

Lukat | 5 comments "Grover was sniffing the wind, looking nervous. He fished out his acorns and threw them into the sand, then played his pipes. They rearranged themselves in a pattern that made no sense to me, but Grover looked concerned.

"That's us," he said. "Those five nuts right there."

"Which one is me?" I asked.

"The little deformed one," Zoe suggested.

"Oh, shut up."

-The Titan's Curse

message 44: by Mya (new)

Mya | 238 comments Rofl, great quotes, great quotes

message 45: by Ayushi (new)

Ayushi | 9 comments Rapture wrote: "seems like piper and jason are not high on the popularity list. they're fine, just not very likeable

frank and hazel are just likable peop..."

I like Jason and Piper:)

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahwatermelon) Cherry wrote: "Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoe said. "We should eat while we can."

Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"

Zoe blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"

"Nothing," Grover said, trying to keep a s..."

xD haha yes :P this made me laugh so hard

message 47: by Lukat (new)

Lukat | 5 comments Rapture wrote: "seems like piper and jason are not high on the popularity list. they're fine, just not very likeable

frank and hazel are just likable peop..."

I think Hedge was mentioned in The Last Olympian.

message 48: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahwatermelon) Cherry wrote: "Rapture wrote: "seems like piper and jason are not high on the popularity list. they're fine, just not very likeable

frank and hazel are j..."

yeah... I think he was too, but I don't remember when.

message 49: by Lukat (new)

Lukat | 5 comments Hannah wrote: "Cherry wrote: "Rapture wrote: "seems like piper and jason are not high on the popularity list. they're fine, just not very likeable

frank ..."

It was when some wood nymph or such was telling Grover that Hedge had tried to call upon the power of Pan and it didn't work.

message 50: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahwatermelon) Yes! That was it :P

« previous 1