City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) City of Lost Souls discussion

Sebastian...

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (last edited Mar 31, 2013 08:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Olivia First off, what do you guys think about Sebastian? To me, he is like that fly that keeps following you but won't leave you alone. Kind of like a pest. I don't know what his deal is with his strange affections for Clary. When he forcefully kissed her during the fight, who knows how much further he may have went...Also, the fact that he not only somehow got his hands on ANGEL WINGS, but he got those wings (and the note) INSIDE the institute. I don't know how he managed that. But at the same time, maybe somebody did that for him, and if so, who? *sigh* Unfortunately, I think he has a big and powerful plan that is going to cause some rather unfortunate events in CoHF. Sebastian...just go away and let our beloved characters be happy no matter how unrealistic that is.

What do you guys think about him?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought he was more annoying than anything.
He wasn't even close to the scariest, deadliest, most sadistic, most insane, most innovative, smartest, etc bad guy I've ever seen. Nor was he emotional, realistic, original, etc to compensate. He was just "blah" and I saw both Valentine and Lilith as greater threats.

Also, when he and Jace were "bound", it gave off a major gay vibe. Just saying (not that it's a bad thing...).
;]

BookDeliria (Dia) What grossed me out the most is that he wants his own sister, Clary. INCEST! It's a bit animal if he just wants her for genes or pass down the morgentern blood by doing that... guuuuhh.

You have a point, he is quite irritating when he is such a show off. Like their battle by the like? Geeez, bratty kid.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

twinkletoes wrote: "What grossed me out the most is that he wants his own sister, Clary. INCEST! It's a bit animal if he just wants her for genes or pass down the morgentern blood by doing that... guuuuhh.

You have ..."

Incest? Like the (pre-Islamic) Egyptians?
Looks like poor little man-whore Sebby was born in the wrong millennia....

Iulia Sebastian is a demon. Does not have morals or anything like that. He is obsessed with Clary and he wants her no matter what. He does not care she is his sister. He wants her body and soul. In CoG he knew she was his sister and he didnt mind kissing her. In CoLS he wanted more. He wanted to have total and absolute control over her, to make her feel she belongs to him. To possess her just how he possesed Jace. If readers thought Valentine was evil, they should check on Sebastian. Being a zealot is one thing, a demon is another. Valentine HAD emotions (of any kind). Sebastian has none.

Josiane Claremont I think that "Sebastian" has just lived a messed up life, and I can't blame him for wanting his own sister. "Sebastian" has always been alone and seeks companionship

In a world where a father brutally beats his son out of "love" and "compassion", where a mother abandons her son and is frightened of him because of the blood running through his veins, where a younger sister lives ignorantly innocent of the Shadowhunter life, this is the world that "Sebastian" lives in.

But, about his evil tendencies, just blame them on Lilith's blood. Technically, if Sebastian has Lilith's blood running through him, canceling out the angel blood, he could be the very SPAWN of Lilith herself! The Prince of Demons!

OBVIOUSLY, this guy lives a VERY messed up life.

Olivia Gabrielle wrote: "Mme. Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "twinkletoes wrote: "What grossed me out the most is that he wants his own sister, Clary. INCEST! It's a bit animal if he just wants her for genes or pass down..."

Hahahaha ;D

message 8: by Elliegrace (last edited Apr 01, 2013 04:16PM) (new) - added it

Elliegrace me and my friends have a nickname for sebastion... sebastard...'nuff said

message 9: by Sidrah (last edited Apr 05, 2013 05:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sidrah I actually liked him when he was first introduced in the series but hated him when I found out he was Clary's brother but then kinda started liking him again when he started acting nice but now he's a bit annoying with the whole world domination and incest thing. I do like him as a character in the book though, he gives it a little more action and something to look forward to. I guess you could say I actually DO like him.

Nurlely Elliegrace wrote: "me and my friends have a nickname for sebastion... sebastard...'nuff said"

Hahahaha... that suits him... :)

message 11: by Cmpeeler (new) - added it

Cmpeeler Said by the singular friend who was very clever for coming up with sebastard's name. Thanks for the citation.

Charlotte King I think Sebastian's the sort of evil person that could live in reality. Someone who pretends to be someone else to get what they want. If you take away the reason he's like that (Half Demon) then you can see that he's like anyone you could meet everyday.

message 13: by Cmpeeler (new) - added it

Cmpeeler Yeah I agree. I know a few evil people and I could degenerate see them as playing sebastard's part. They could be demons also:)

message 14: by Elliegrace (new) - added it

Elliegrace Cmpeeler wrote: "Said by the singular friend who was very clever for coming up with sebastard's name. Thanks for the citation."

;) ur welcome

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Elliegrace wrote: "me and my friends have a nickname for sebastion... sebastard...'nuff said"

LOL! That just cracked me up. it love it.

message 16: by Leni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leni I'm ashamed to admit he scared the crap out of me. Whenever he showed up I asked myself; okay, what's gonna happen. How's he gonna screw up things for Clary.
And that incest thing! God! Gross! So gross, get a grip dude! It made me so uncomfortable. The funny thing is, when Jace and Clary were together, I wanted them to be even though they were siblings. But Sebastian and Clary? No. NO. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) I dont know why, but I really love Sebastian. He's hot, strong, and he's a badass. Its kind of gross that he's pining over his sister though. geez people really like Clary! First Jace is in love with her even though they think they are siblings and thats kind of gross (when we still think that they are related) but now Sebastian, who is actually the brother of Clary, tries to rape her and talks about how they belong to each other?! talk about bad parenting skills. Way to go Valentine you screwed up both your son and your foster son for life.

Sidrah Rachel wrote: "I dont know why, but I really love Sebastian. He's hot, strong, and he's a badass. Its kind of gross that he's pining over his sister though. geez people really like Clary! First Jace is in love wi..."

ahaha, very tru! He's sickass but the incest thing isnt all that bad.. a bit gross... but like he said, "its not the same for then. mundane rules like that dont apply to them" (or whatever he said )

message 19: by Cmpeeler (new) - added it

Cmpeeler You notice how we all think that it's bad that sebastard is going after clary and they are siblings but when jace and clary dated it was different. I think we have a warped perspective.

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) Cmpeeler wrote: "You notice how we all think that it's bad that sebastard is going after clary and they are siblings but when jace and clary dated it was different. I think we have a warped perspective."

Yes, Cassie Clare writes it in such a way that makes you root for the couple even tho the thought should be repulsive but it doesn't feel like it. And luckily, we find out that Jace and Clary aren't brother and sister. Sebastian is evil but some people like him anyway (like me) but the thought of him and Clary is so annoying and gross to us because we think that she belongs with Jace and no one else.

Ashley Rachel wrote: "I dont know why, but I really love Sebastian. He's hot, strong, and he's a badass. Its kind of gross that he's pining over his sister though. geez people really like Clary! First Jace is in love wi..."

same here! I loved Sebastian in this book. Yeah he's evil and needs to be stopped but like you said he's hot, strong and a badass!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

BookDeliria (Dia) wrote: "What grossed me out the most is that he wants his own sister, Clary. INCEST! It's a bit animal if he just wants her for genes or pass down the morgentern blood by doing that... guuuuhh.

You have ..."

Clearly you’re not familiar with human history, if you guys don’t like it don’t read it i guess. But don’t complain endlessly in every single post about him that it’s “gross” it sounds childish.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Gigi wrote: "Mme. Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "twinkletoes wrote: "What grossed me out the most is that he wants his own sister, Clary. INCEST! It's a bit animal if he just wants her for genes or pass down..."

Its kind of hilarious how clueless you guys are, it still happens and you all root for them , oh the irony. Every single royal family is related to another royal family, etc.
The richest most powerful people still do it to this day , but it would be illegal for the lower ranks to do it , because laws are for poor people lol

Just to name a few

Rothschilds
Rockefellers
Middletons (the british royal family)
And the american presidential candidates i think
Hollywood celebrities that many of you root for.

Someone isn’t as educated on human history and genetics as they think they are.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Sidrah wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I dont know why, but I really love Sebastian. He's hot, strong, and he's a badass. Its kind of gross that he's pining over his sister though. geez people really like Clary! First Jac..."

Its not bad at all , heck even for humans its only the past 50-100 years that such strict laws against that have been placed on modern society. Its a hypocritical law , so much so that its funny.

But yeah either way nephilim have a whole other mindset, no such thing as off limits i think if they can procreate and make more nephilim especially, and carry on the bloodlines. I like it.