Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

THE ENDING

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (last edited Dec 29, 2012 11:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia Wow. If this isn't a book that can leave a reader asking billions of questions, I don't know what is. Surprisingly, the whole mystery behind Edith Prior isn't my biggest question. What is blowing my mind and keeps me going on a rant is the fact that all of the factions are pretty much this bubble. If I understand it correctly, Edith created the Faction system so that eventually the Divergent can come go outside of the fence at help "their" society", but if that is the case then WHAT THE HECK IS OUTSIDE THE FENCE! WHAT IS THE WORLD REALLY LIKE! They have to get out of that fence, they just have to because I might burst if I don't find out how the world actually is. What do you guys think about what could be outside the fence?

Tiffani I think it could be like our world today, only exaggerated. Like more wars, pollution, natural disasters, etc.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

This is driving me crazy too! I keep thinking, this isn't the real world? They are just this...aggh, I don't even know. But one thing is for sure and that is the fact that Veronica is an amazing author and a very impressive one seeing as she is only around 23!

Sophie I NEED the next book. Insurgent just left too many unanswered questions and loose-ends - I just can't figure out what might happen! Outside the fence...hmmm...I agree with the comments so far; either everything is going to be in total uproar, everything will be in extremes (ie. Pollution, war, disasters) or everyone will be dead. Happy thoughts! The equivalent to sunshine and daisies! :)

Jeni It really reminds me of "The Village." Isolated society created by people who wish to leave the world behind. I'm interested to see where the third book takes us.