What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
This topic is about Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Southern black policeman who has a white half brother who was accused of murder. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Lonas | 2 comments *SPOILER WARNING* The below information may contain some spoiler information, but it is all I can remember concerning the book.

Looking for a book I've read possibly published in the last 2-3 years. It is set in a small southern town possibly GA or MS. It centers on the only black police officer and his white half brother who was accused of a murder in the past but was exonerated. Later in years new evidence surfaces which brings up a great many issues and memories. The white brother runs a car repair shop? and because of his past murder accusation the whole town tends to shun him. I believe the murder involved a young girl that the white brother took to the prom and after a fight? he claims to have dropped her off down the road from her house but she never returned home. I also believe the black brother and the girl where involved. A rifle figures into the plot as well and a car trip with the two brothers, their father and a coat. The brothers were not aware of their relation until the end of the book? I have drew a complete blank on the name and author. Believe it or not this whole search started over mobile chicken coops which were mentioned in the book (owned by the white brother).

Barbara | 37 comments Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin.

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Lonas | 2 comments That's it! Thank you!