~2014 Reading Challenge~ discussion

2013 Challenge Tracking > Missy's 2013 Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missy (new)

Missy (soogie) | 204 comments Mod
Since I reached my goal of 25 last year, I am going to up it to 30 this year. Fingers Crossed. I am adding a challenge that looks like fun.. Check out the Alphabet Challenge.

message 2: by Missy (new)

1. Do Life: The Creator of ?My 120-Pound Journey? Shows How to Run Better, Go Farther, and Find Happiness Do Life The Creator of ?My 120-Pound Journey? Shows How to Run Better, Go Farther, and Find Happiness by Ben Davis I have read three years of this guys blog and I am so glad I started the year with his book.

message 3: by Missy (new)

2. Walking Disaster Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire Read in one sitting and it was great. I like reading the same story but from another view point. I will say that I thought Abby wasn't really worth the craziness in the first book and I really don't think she is worth it in the second book. That being said.. I think all women want a guy that committed or they are considered stalkers.

message 5: by Missy (new)

I am so behind but that is okay.... I have this whole summer off so I will catch up

message 6: by Missy (new)

4. Beautiful Disaster Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire Loved the different view.

message 7: by Missy (new)

5. Gone Girl Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Amazing Book! Loved it!

message 8: by Missy (last edited May 21, 2013 03:09AM) (new)

message 9: by Missy (new)

7.The Wedding Wager The Wedding Wager (McMaster the Disaster #3) by Rachel Astor Book 3 of the trilogy. It was okay.. took me awhile to finish it.

message 10: by Missy (new)

8. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith I am finishing up all the books that I started but hadn't finished.

message 11: by Missy (new)

9. The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars by John Green I am rating this equal to how much I loved Gone Girl but for totally different reasons.

message 12: by Missy (new)

10. Hopeless Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover Another good one! I have got to slow down or school will be back in session and I will not have accomplished any of my to do list!

message 13: by Missy (new)

11. Entwined with You Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) by Sylvia Day Waited too long to publish the third book... I didn't like it as much as the others. Love the characters but the story just seemed off.

message 14: by Missy (new)

12. Dead Ever After Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13) by Charlaine Harris I hate that it was the last book of the series. I REALLY dislike how it ended. It was like a cheesy reunion show on a reality tv show. I love Sookie and it was okay but I guess I wanted something shocking.

message 15: by Missy (new)

13. Betrothal Betrothal (Queen's Honor, #1) by Mande Matthews too short of a book but it was free at Barnes and Noble

message 16: by Missy (last edited Jul 09, 2013 07:54PM) (new)

message 17: by Missy (new)

16. The Husband's Secret Free Preview The Husband's Secret Free Preview by Liane Moriarty
Loved this book. So glad I took a chance on it.

message 18: by Missy (new)

17. Courted by a Cowboy Courted by a Cowboy (Wyoming Legacy) by Lacy Williams Quick read… it was okay…

message 19: by Missy (new)

18. Flesh and Bone Flesh and Bone (Body Farm, #2) by Jefferson Bass good book took me awhile to get into but I liked it at the end

message 20: by Missy (new)

19. Can You Keep a Secret? Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella Ok very few books keep me cover to cover but I read this straight through. I only put it down when the family absolutely needed my attention. I have a few authors that I really enjoy and now that I have read two of her books I can say Sophie Kinsella is one of my all time favorites.

message 21: by Missy (new)

20. A Grosvenor Square Christmas A Grosvenor Square Christmas by Anna Campbell I read this Christmas day and forgot to post it. It was several short stories all based at a annual Christmas ball. LOVED it!

message 22: by Missy (new)

21. After I read Can you Keep a Secret? I thought it was going to be favorite of the year but then I read Me Before You Me Before You by Jojo Moyes It is such a good read that I feel actually depressed that it is over. Like I have had a family member or a best friend move away.