! YA Heroines ! discussion

Characters > Quotes from heroines

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Share funny, inspirational, sad and everything inbetween quotes from your favourite heroines and books.

Here are some of my favourites ~

"I'm not going to wear a red dress," she said.
"It would look stunning, My Lady," she called.
She spoke to the bubbles gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face.”
Katsa, Graceling

"The metal frame groans, and something under the hood lets out a mechanical hiss. Smoke billows up from the front, the universal symbol for “you’re screwed.”
Of Poseidon, Anna Banks

"I comfort myself with the knowledge that if Duval ever feels smothered by me, it will be because I am holding a pillow over his face.”
Isme, Grave Mercy

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments "Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?"
-Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Here's a few. . .

“Okay, God, I thought. Get me out of this and I’ll stop my half-assed church-going ways. You got me past a pack of Strigoi tonight. I mean, trapping that one between the doors really shouldn’t have worked, so clearly you’re on board. Let me get out of here, and I’ll…I don’t know. Donate Adrian’s money to the poor. Get baptized. Join a convent. Well, no. Not that last one.”
―Rose Hathaway, Blood Promise

“With Brayden, there were no such problems. We had an endless supply of topics, both of us eager to put forth all we knew on anything and everything. Most of the meal was spent discussing the intricacies of the organic certification process. It was pretty awesome.”
—Sydney Sage, The Golden Lily

“I did not scream like a little girl.”
Flashing his dimples, he took a huge lungful of air and burst into an earsplitting—and decidedly little girlish—scream. “Like that . Only with crazier eyes and more flailing.”
—Kiersten White, Supernaturally

“You can’t force love, I realized. It’s there or it isn’t. If it’s not there, you’ve got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you’ve got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.”
—Richelle Mead, Frostbite

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments :D

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments “Did you have friend?"
"I've read about them, but I don't believe they exist."
"Your cynicism is amazing.”
― Jodi Meadows, Incarnate

message 6: by Juhi (new)

Juhi (juhi-malani) | 558 comments You have to understand. I am no one special. I am just a single girl. I am five feet two inches tall and I am in between in every way.
But I have a secret. You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist....
- Lena, Delirium

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Lena is such a awesome heroine!

message 8: by Juhi (new)

Juhi (juhi-malani) | 558 comments Chelsea wrote: "Lena is such a awesome heroine!"

completely amazing!!

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments I like Lena a lot, particularly in Pandemonium, she really becomes strong.

message 10: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 17, 2013 10:49PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments “That's the flip side of freedom; When you're completely free, you're also completely on your own.”
― Lauren Oliver, Pandemonium

“Grief is like sinking, like being buried. I am in water the tawny color of kicked-up dirt. Every breath is full of choking. There is nothing to hold on to, no sides, no way to claw myself up. There is nothing to do but let go.
Let go. Feel the weight all around you, feel the squeezing of your lungs, the slow, low pressure. Let yourself go deeper. There is nothing but bottom. There is nothing but the taste of metal, and the echoes of old things, and the days that look like darkness.”
― Lauren Oliver, Pandemonium

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Wisdom from Evie -

“Hey,” the cabbie yelled. “How’s about a tip?”

“You bet-ski,” Evie said, heading toward the old Victorian mansion, her long silk scarf trailing behind her. “Don’t kiss strange men in Penn Station.”
― Libba Bray, The Diviners

“You can’t blame a fella for kissing the prettiest girl in New York, can you, sister?” Sam’s grin was anything but apologetic.

Evie brought up her knee quickly and decisively, and he dropped to the floor like a grain sack. “You can’t blame a girl for her quick reflexes now, can you, pal?”

“There were few things worse than being ordinary, in Evie’s opinion. Ordinary was for suckers.”

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Thank you so much for posting this! I've wanted to find something really cool to do with the quotes I post on my Tumblr blog. The site will probably come in handy. :)

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments nice

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments WOW awesome!

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I feel like doing cool stuff with quotes. Someone should post one of their favorite quotes for me to use.

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) description

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Same :)

message 18: by Sophie (last edited Jun 13, 2013 03:40AM) (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 214 comments "Oh, how wrong he was! Libraries are full of ideas- perhaps the most dangerous weapon of all."

-Celaena Sardothien, Throne of Glass

message 19: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments “When one consorts with assassins, one must expect to dance along the edge of a knife once or twice.”
― R.L. LaFevers, Grave Mercy

I love this quote it just sounds so dark and dangerous.

message 20: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) Me, Cinderella? A dainty, feminine orchid, destined to be plucked? No. I was Artemis, strong and intelligent and cunning
- Brynn Tomlin, Me, Cinderella?

I once thought that happily ever after was only true in books. Now, I’m beginning to see how the future might play out if my dreams continue to pale before reality.
Every sentence I could think of has already been said a hundred times over, by people whose words come out perfect and beautifully formed, where mine die on the tongue or straggle out onto the page, mangled and imperfect.
But my story isn’t perfect, because I’m not perfect. Nothing is perfect except maybe in math, in the line that extends forever in both directions. Math is beautiful, I have always known that, but so is life. And I have grown to accept imperfection
- Brynn Tomilin, Me, Cinderella?

“Every Princess has one Prince to share the loves and joys of life, and do you know how that princess knows which prince is hers?”
“How mommy?”
“From the kiss.”
“But how?”
“The very first kiss with your Prince will change your life. When your lips touch for the first time, the earth will feel like it stops moving, but in the same moment the world around you spins. It’ll feel like fireworks in the night sky. Like a bright light in the darkness. You’ll feel your heart beat fast in your ears but silence will surround you. And when you pull apart and open your eyes and look at each other and really see each other. You’ll know it in that moment through that kiss, that you’ve just let someone own a piece of your heart, and you’ll live happily ever after.”
- More Than This by Jay McLean

I will cut a bitch

message 21: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rsr13) | 61 comments You drool in you sleep

-Annebeth Lighting thief

message 22: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 11 comments “Two gorgeous guys slaving in the kitchen. Doesn't get any better than this.'

'You have low standards,' Chait grinned over his shoulder and dropped bread into the toaster. 'If I had two hot girls in my kitchen, I'd want them naked.'

I stood immobile, seeing Chait and Hayden in my minds eye. Naked, cooking for me.

Hayden glanced my way and chuckled as I dashed away.”
Veronica Blade, Something Witchy This Way Comes

“So the dickhead had a name. Daemon—seemed fitting. And of course his sister would be as attractive as him. Why not? Welcome to West
Virginia, the land of lost models.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian