Book-a-holics discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
1/13 - City of Bones > I Finished!! Now What?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie Gianelli (katie094) | 236 comments Mod
Here is where (if you choose to) you can post a review of our book. It doesn't have to be very detailed or well written. Just a few of your thoughts.

Here is an example that you can copy and paste if you need help or a little shorcut ;)

1. What was your favorite part of the book?

2. What part of the book had you wanting to tear your hair out?!

3. What did you think of the ending?

4. How did you feel after finishing the book (satisfied with it, confused...etc...)

5. Would you read this again/ recommend to a friend?

Reserved
(Here will be more specific questions to the story. Questions with spoiler will be clearly marked and I hope you will do the same with your answers just in case we have any wandering eyes ;))

message 4: by Katie (last edited Feb 18, 2013 12:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

People who finished the book will receive a bookmark that is designed with the theme of the book!!

Either with your review post or separate if you chose not to write one, please let me know if you would like a bookmark.
You can choose:
A. Receive a book mark in the mail (Just PM me your Address)
B.Have me send you a link via email of a banner that is related to our book
C. You may have both if you like =)

If you are under 18 please ask your parents first. i really would rather not have to deal with angry parents who have a problem with me sending their children a piece of laminated paper ;)

Just let me know guys! =)

Book Marks
Becky
Vikki
Kayla

Becky (rrrjtl) | 81 comments I think City of Bones was an excellent read. Much better than I thought it would be. It was hard to put it down! The only reason it took me so long to read it is because I didn't get as much time to read as I would have liked. I can't really pinpoint a favorite part of the book, though the late-night birthday picnic is up high on the list. I really enjoyed the little moments that made me giggle. The ending definitely left me wanting more. Luckily, my son has the rest of the series, so I can continue reading! Overall, I think it was well written. The characters were developed well, and I was really able to identify with them and feel what they were going through. I would definitely recommend it to others!

And Katie, a bookmark would be awesome! I'll message you my address.

Kayla (kaylawrites89) (since I read it last year, can I participate in receiving a bookmark?) hehe

Vikki I did enjoy this book quite a bit. It took me a bit to get into it at first but once I did I didn't want to put it down. I did find somethings quite predictable (Clary's father). I did enjoy Luke, once I got over being upset with him for "turning his back on Clary" haha. I have recommended this book to other people who I think would enjoy it and I look forward to reading the next 4 in the series. :) I was very happy to see there were that many more in the series.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I will be sending all of you a bookmark sometime this week. =)

Becky wrote: "I think City of Bones was an excellent read. Much better than I thought it would be. It was hard to put it down! The only reason it took me so long to read it is because I didn't get as much tim..."

Jace is hilarious!!! The part that had be laughing out loud til tears streamed down my face was this:

"In future, Clarissa," he said, "it might be wise to mention that you already have a man in your bed, to avoid such tedious situations."
"You invited him into bed?" Simon demanded, looking shaken.
"Ridiculous, isn't it?" said Jace. "We would never have all fit."
"I didn't invite him into bed," Clary snapped. "We were just kissing."
"Just kissing?" Jace's tone mocked her with its false hurt. "How swiftly you dismiss our love.”

Becky (rrrjtl) | 81 comments LOL! I loved that part! :)

message 11: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Do I get a bookmark?

Did you read the book before February 1?

message 13: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (sarah_endipity) January

Then yes =) Go ahead and PM me either your address if you would like a bookmark or your email address if you would like a banner.
I'm printing them tomorrow and will have them ready to send Tuesday