Book-a-holics discussion

Chit-Chat > Favorite 2012 Read?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Gianelli (katie094) | 236 comments Mod
Ok guys, what was your absolute favorite book that you read in 2012?
Mine was
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
This made me cry.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Blueturtles wrote: "Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
This made me cry."

Just looked at some of the reviews, looks great! I'll have to read it sometime. Better add it to my ever-growing TBR pile!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Everybody needs to read it. Espesaly if you are going to be a teacher or a docter.

message 5: by Vikki (new)

Vikki Those both sound good. I agree with Katie, adding to my tbr pile as well. I think my favorite book I read in 2012 was A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin. I loved getting lost in the story and there was always twists and turns. I did find myself getting upset I couldn't read as much as I wanted to because of work. Because of that it did take me awhile to finish but I can't wait to make my way through the series.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (rrrjtl) | 81 comments I'm reading A Game of Thrones now. Loving it so far!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) I DON"T WANT 2012 TO END!!

message 8: by janussaouzts (new)

janussaouzts (janussa) | 6 comments The Fault in Our Stars and The Book Thief

message 9: by Katie (new)

JaneLovesBooks wrote: "The Fault in Our Stars and The Book Thief"

I've heard so many good things about The Fault in Our Stars! I'm going to read it this month for sure!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) I'm going to read it this year too! Hey it should be in our next poll!

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth The Hunger Games and Eragon were my favs

message 12: by Kayla (last edited Jan 03, 2013 04:10PM) (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) Okay, so I have WAY too many favorites from 2012. but I'll throw up some of them.
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare (cuz Cassandra Clare is amazing and these were some of my first reads of 2012)
Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3) by C.C. Hunter Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4) by C.C. Hunter (I can't wait for book five)
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins (cuz Hunger Games... duh)
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth (it was a love or hate book for me and I wound up loving it, so it was epic.)
Angel (Angel, #1) by L.A. Weatherly (big book but DAMN!)