! YA Heroines ! discussion

Book Stuff > Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Suggest books that you think other people should read!

I suggest that if you want a taste of historical fantasy (My fav genre XD ) then you should read Graceling Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore by Kristin Cashore!

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments If you like Realistic Fiction:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Best. Book. Ever.)
13 Reasons Why (Also good)
Speak (My second favorite)

message 3: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 1119 comments There are many
TMI by Cassandra Clare
Revenant series
Anna and the French Kiss (Stand Alone)
Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
Lux Series. Etc :)

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) I suggest (for now) reading these series:

Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Behemoth (Leviathan, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Goliath (Leviathan, #3) by Scott Westerfeld -Steampunk novels set during WWI where it alternates between the heir of the Austria-Hungarian throne and a girl disguising herself as a soldier.

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) by Libba Bray The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray - Historical fiction where the main character, Gemma, goes to an all-girls school and discovers magic.

The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Touching Darkness (Midnighters, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Blue Noon (Midnighters, #3) by Scott Westerfeld -Another awesome series by Scott Westerfeld (who wrote the Uglies and Leviathan series) where there's time freezes at midnight where the only people who get to live it are those born at exactly midnight. They develop powers and have to fight against darklings (at least I'm pretty sure that's what they're called).

Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Specials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld -a dystopian series where the main character struggles with living in the society where everyone gets an operation at the age of 16 to become "pretty."

Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman -another series where the main character disguises herself as a boy to become a dragoneye that can link to dragons' power.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Does anyone reccomend any less well known books?

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) I'll probably recommend some this weekend (well, Thursday because I have four day weekend coming up).

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Ooooh lucky :)
Our (2 week) holidays are just finishing :(

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Same :( tomorrow school goes back *dies* what do you mean by lesser known books? Like how many ratings? I know I have shamelessly advertised this book
Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin
Because it is fantastic and not that well known... I promise I'm not working for her :P but it's seriously really good

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace | 148 comments A good book is Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins by Windy Higgins. The sequel came out today Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) by Wendy Higgins .

message 10: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (ex_libris_ad_astra) I read Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1) by Patricia C. Wrede a long time ago and I loved it. Its really funny and definetly worth reading.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Daughter of smoke and Bone is an amazing book!! :-)

message 12: by Carabien (new)

Carabien These are only of few of the books I'd definitely recommend!

*Female Espionage*

Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4) by Ally Carter Gallahger Girls................. [by Ally Carter]

*Historical Fiction?*

Terrier (Beka Cooper, #1) by Tamora Pierce Becka Cooper Series............. [by Tamora Pierce]

*Books with a Vampire Protagonist*

Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lili St. Crow Strange Angels Series........... [by Lili St. Claire]

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa Immortal........... [by Julie Kagawa]

*Zombie Apocalypse Books*

Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre The Encave...... [by Anne Aguirre]

Ashes (Ashes Trilogy, #1) by Ilsa J. Bick Ashes....... [by Ilsa J. Bick]

message 13: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Zark | 2 comments A different kind of heroine in a different kind of world - but I loved The Romance Reader by Pearl Abraham. May not be queued up as YA but I thought it most definitely could be.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 10 comments Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Only the best dystopian I've ever read! There's a hint of romance and a lot of sarcasm.
Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Love the love-hate relationship between the main characters! Makes for a fun read. Has twists and turns and lots of witty comments. A must read!
Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant It's been a while since I've read it, but I remember it being amazing and reminding me of the Lux series. Broody Hero, witty heroine. Perfect combo!
Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout And if you haven't already, this is the Lux series. Just read it. You're welcome :)

message 15: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 11 comments Megan wrote: "Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Only the best dystopian I've ever read! There's a hint of romance and a lot of sarcasm.
Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Love the love-hate relati..."

I've read and love the books you listed. Veronica Blade and JLA are two of my favorite authors. I've never read Angelfall though, I'll have to give it a try, I here lots of good things about it.

message 16: by Madi (new)

Madi I just finished The Demon King (seven realms series) by cinda Williams chima

It's a absolutely brilliant series with well developed characters and a plot line that is cohesive and exciting throughout the books. Raisa is one of my favorite protagonists of all time and Alister.... Mmm I'm in love. It's basically a really complicated version of Aladdin. There's a kick-ass princess and evil wizards (can I please punch Bayar in the face?) and a reformed street-lord and politics and wars and a touch of romance. I highly recommend this book/series 10/10 stars!