What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Alvin Fernald, Superweasel
This topic is about Alvin Fernald, Superweasel
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children's series from the 80's about two boys who become environmental superheroes [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Blue | 11 comments I read this series as a child in the 80's. I believe there were 3 books in the series. The two boys in the book were friends who disguised themselves as superheroes and committed nonviolent acts of protest against environmental polluters. In one book, they snuck onto the grounds of an air polluter and hung a large banner from the top of one of the industrial smoke stacks. One of the characters may have had the nickname "Shoe."

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) Sounds interesting - so here's a free bump.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Schlumpf | 1 comments Betsy, the book you are looking for about them hanging the banner from the smokestack is "Alvin Fernald, Superweasel" by Clifford B. Hicks, published in 1974. I think he wrote a total of 7 books about Alvin Fernald. I loved that book when I was a kid. :)

message 5: by Betsy (last edited Mar 07, 2013 09:03PM) (new)

Betsy Blue | 11 comments Amy wrote: "Betsy, the book you are looking for about them hanging the banner from the smokestack is "Alvin Fernald, Superweasel" by Clifford B. Hicks, published in 1974. I think he wrote a total of 7 books ab..."

Thank you, Amy! That's it! I must have read that book at least 10 times. I want to buy it for my nephew. The nickname of his friend was actually Shoie and the other books aren't about the environment but this one was my favorite of the series by far.

message 6: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Blue | 11 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Alvin Fernald, Superweasel, for the link."

Thank you, Cheryl!