Best Teen Fiction discussion

HOW do you find the books you love?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Heckenbach (katheckenbach) | 7 comments HOW do you find the books you love?

Do you browse books in stores or online, like here or on Amazon? The library?

Do you go mostly with recommendations from friends? Or from book review blogs?

Do you pay attention to advertising?

Do you mainly look for big-name books?

Do you ever look for books by small presses or independently published books? And if so, how do you hunt them down?

I don't want your answers to focus on what appeals to you--I know that cover art is important and the genre and the back cover copy. I want to know how you DISCOVER new books to read.

Thanks so much!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1397 comments Mod
I browse by searching a book I love and then look at the suggestions the site gives. I love FantasticFiction and Amazon for the suggestions they give

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (theashoxford) I keep lists on my phone. One for books to buy, like if I want to own the whole series, and one for books to look for in the library. The books that show up on these lists come from recommendations from friends, people online I follow like Elle Fowler on YouTube, & recommendations at the end of a book I've read and enjoyed. Or other books by that author. I then go into the bookstore or library with specific books in mind but I usually end up browsing the bookstore for a few hours and buying 5 books when I had planned to buy 1...

message 4: by M'n'm (new)

M'n'm | 3318 comments Mod
I spin in circles at the bookstore with my finger pointing out and whencver I decide to stop spinning I pick up the book my finger is pointing atvif the cover looks badass enuf usually lol :P I have no life :P

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat Heckenbach (katheckenbach) | 7 comments Thanks for the answers so far. I'm actually surprised to have two people say they look at physical bookstores. I was in the B&N closest to my house about a week or so ago and the teen fiction section has gotten *tiny*.

message 6: by M'n'm (new)

Right? Maybe u should go to a different section then unless u just like teen fiction lol

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat Heckenbach (katheckenbach) | 7 comments M'n'm wrote: "Right? Maybe u should go to a different section then unless u just like teen fiction lol"

I read teen fiction mostly, but other fiction as well. But honestly, the whole store is getting taken over by "stuff" and the book space in general is dwindling. B&N isn't doing very well, and they're closing 1/3 of their stores over the next few years (they've already closed a bunch). Makes me sad. I used to love to browse B&N, but now I go there and mostly leave frustrated.

message 8: by M'n'm (new)

Right? :( NN's right tho Amazon is good too

message 9: by Della catalyst (new)

Della catalyst (the12thman) | 1 comments 2 ways:
-I look at what people in my reading class are reading
-I browse the library's new books page

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat Heckenbach (katheckenbach) | 7 comments Marisa wrote: "All different ways, friends, library even youtube.
I found Miss Perrigreenes from the book trailer which is the coolest book trailer ever."

Oh, I loved that book but don't remember a trailer...*heads off to find it*...

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat Heckenbach (katheckenbach) | 7 comments I did find the trailer on Youtube. Very cool! Thanks again for posting about it!

message 12: by Talie (new)

Talie Hawkins | 2 comments I just asked this question on instagram today. The consensus was that insta and goodreads are the places for suggestions.
Kat wrote: "HOW do you find the books you love?

..."

Kat wrote: "HOW do you find the books you love?

..."

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Deak | 2 comments Usually to find books that I would enjoy I search from my favourite genre, to see what books show up (usually on the internet) and I check the review of how many stars it got. If it is above three I may give that book a try.

message 14: by Aqsa (new)

Aqsa (her_747) | 2 comments I find books in all ways possible..it could be related to a movie I loved or a season or just some great quotes. I also use book tube to help me pick up good ones and then good reads helps me too.

message 15: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (divagrl2020) | 12 comments Kat wrote: "HOW do you find the books you love?

..."

I either go to the library and just look for books that ill like,or ill read the back of a book and see if i want to read it. Also sometimes ill ask friends for suggestions,or ill pick books based on the authors or athors similar to