Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Add a Prayer for the New Year

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
Sometimes I do New Year's Resolutions, but more often I don't. This year, I am going to select a prayer for the New Year (something like world peace, but I haven't decided on it yet). If you'd like to join in, post a prayer here and we can all share.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 136 comments I pray that everyone will have a safe and peaceful New Year, and I hope that our world comes to Peace with each other.

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

Good prayer, Melissa.

message 4: by JanetTronstad (last edited Dec 29, 2012 04:30PM) (new)

I am going to pray that we can forgive one another for those areas in which we don't agree -- both within our families and in our country. Even if we don't change our minds about anything, I pray we can find love for each other.

I should add that this is a very personal prayer for my family. I have a brother who has been estranged from the family for ten years or so. He and his wife came to spend Thanksgiving with us though when he heard our sister is dying. I am very grateful he was able to put aside his feelings and come. And glad no one had any quarrels in the days he was here.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments That was really nice, Janet. My mother turned 95 without a word from my sister who doesn't speak to her and did not come to my brother's dying bed as he asked. I get along with her on the surface. And I love her and am not mad at her, but sometimes it is hard to keep my mouth shut. I am glad you got to at least see your brother some. I am also praying that I can accept God's strength for my overeating disorders, etc., as all my lab numbers are really bad, my weight has gone up, and I already had one heart attack. I know my pain management is related, but I still need to learn to obey Christ and do without some of the foods that I crave. Please pray withe me. Joyful New Year whatever the circumstances!

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'll definitely pray with you, Mary. Control is hard for me, too.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Janet, I understand about the estrangement in the family. My husband's daughter no longer has anything to do with her father and brother. My husband accepts this, but nothing would make me happier than to see a true reconciliation.I will join you in your prayer.

Mary, I understand where you are coming from in the weight category. I have a similar problem. My prayer is that the Lord will bless you as you work on this during 2013.

I'm praying for my father who is just beginning his walk with cancer and praying for the doctors to have wisdom in dealing with him as well as for him to have strength. Lastly, but probably most importantly is that I remember that I can trust God to bring me through whatever He has for me.

message 8: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (booklover_54) | 179 comments This is a prayer I found and have sent to friends by snail mail so now I share it with All of you:

"A New Year is unfolding-like a blossom with petals curled tightly
concealing the beauty within.
Lord, let this year be filled with the things that are truly good-with the
comfort of warmth in our relationships, with the strength to help those who need our help and the humility and openness to accept
help from others.
As we make our resolutions for the year ahead, let us go forward with great hope that all things can be possible-with your help and guidance." Amen
Happy New Year to all of you !!!!!

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

That is a lovely prayer, Wanda.

And, Kathy, I will pray for your family as well.

message 10: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments It seems families are where we hurt one another so much when it should be the place we are most loved, praying for each of the relationships here that need mended..

I am praying that the spirit of Christmas of giving and helping others will continue through the year...