Mount TBR 2013 Reading Challenge discussion

Level 1: Pike's Peak (12 Books) > Aspiring to Pike's Peak - Megan's Mission

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan In New Zealand we have a Mountain called Mount Aspiring, which doesn't quite reach the Peak of Pike, but I like it's name. In Maori it is called Tititea - or Glistening Peak, which beckons, I think. On my way to Pike's Peak I will pass the peak of Aspiring, I hope, giving me a climbing hut on the way to rest and celebrate my journey. I figure this is at about 9 books. I'm going to list my books, to help keep me focused.

1. Middlesex
2. The Colour Of Heaven
3. Gifted
4. Live Bodies
5. Runaway
6. The Grass is Singing
7. A Suitable Boy
8. The Lieutenant
9. Behind the Scenes at the Museum
10.The Last Lecture
11.That Was Then, This is Now
12.Sweetgrass Basket

To borrow a line (and maim it a little) - the elevator to success is out of order - I'll have to climb it one word at a time...

Megan

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan In the Southern Hemisphere it is 2013, so I have begun. My theory is start small, so I have picked up 'That was then, this is now'. One word at a time...

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan I have started A Suitable Boy, but it is quite long, and I think it will benefit from reading alongside other books.

Today I finished The Forrests - Emily Perkins, and began Gifted - Patrick Evans, so I am making good headway on Pike's Peak. I know I need a good head start as this is my major reading for fun time of the year.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Talk about distracted already! I made the mistake of going to the library, where A Casual Vacancy called to me, and so did The Round House - Louise Erdrich. I only have them fora week so they took priority. Would not recommend A Casual Vacancy. Would highly recommend The Round House.
Also, had a couple of other challenges to read for. Finished Gifted though and still working through A Suitable Boy - which I am really enjoying in small chunks, so getting there.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan I can't believe it's two months since I last updated this challenge, and that I am still reading 'A Suitable Boy' - or not reading, as the case more accurately should be stated.

However, to move myself a little further up the challenge, I have begun 'Sweetgrass Basket', and for those of you wondering - yes - it is the shortest book left on my challenge, so a bit of a cheat, but I need to feel like I am getting somewhere.

I am sure I will get back to 'A Suitable Boy'...

message 6: by Megan (last edited Apr 15, 2013 05:22AM) (new)

Megan So, I'm just finishing 'Sweetgrass Basket' because I have been completely distracted by NZ Book Month and some very interesting discussion that has arisen in our 'Book Loving Kiwis' book group...but finally am back to the challenge. I'm sort of on track, if I squint a bit, because I have completed about four books, and we are four months into the year. Not much progress on 'A Suitable Boy' at the moment, but I remain determined to finish it. Here's my progress so far:

1. Middlesex
2. The Colour Of Heaven
3. Gifted My Review
4. Live Bodies My Review
5. Runaway
6. The Grass is Singing
7. A Suitable Boy
8. The Lieutenant
9. Behind the Scenes at the Museum
10.The Last Lecture
11.That Was Then, This is Now
12.Sweetgrass Basket