YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Beautiful Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments There are so many books with beautiful covers!! I'm not even saying that all of them are ones that I want to read, but I know all of us can appreciate some amazing cover art!

message 2: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Here's one I'm going to be read soon.. Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol I think it's just so pretty!

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Greta wrote: "Here's one I'm going to be read soon..Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol I think it's just so pretty!"

I love these books! I am reading book 4 and they get better as you go.

message 4: by Sara (last edited Dec 29, 2012 12:19PM) (new)

Sara There are so many! But a few I like are Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls, #1) by Krystal Wade Starbright (The Starbright Series #1) by Rachel Higginson The Reluctant King by Rachel Higginson The 13th Prophecy (Demon Kissed, #5) by H.M. Ward Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #1) by H.M. Ward Backdraft (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #2) by H.M. Ward Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout So pretty!

message 5: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Haven't read it, but The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass is a gorgeous cover!

message 6: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Covers that seduced me are Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate Rapture (Fallen, #4) by Lauren Kate Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Home Front by Kristin Hannah Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah True Colors by Kristin Hannah On Mystic Lake by Kristin Hannah Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia and Beastly (Kendra Chronicles #1) by Alex Flinn

message 7: by Jonababez (last edited Dec 30, 2012 11:08AM) (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I'm in love with this covers:
For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1) by Diana Peterfreund , Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows , Juliet Immortal (Juliet Immortal, #1) by Stacey Jay , and Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White

message 8: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments When I did this thread I thought of you Jona and also of Angel. I know you both are bibliophiles who really love a beautiful, hard copy of a book!

message 9: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 93 comments I love the covers of these books:
Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1) by Aimee Agresti

message 10: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Greta wrote: "When I did this thread I thought of you Jona and also of Angel. I know you both are bibliophiles who really love a beautiful, hard copy of a book!"

Yes, I love beautiful covers, I've got lots, but I really love covers with gorgeous dresses!

message 11: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 31, 2012 01:50AM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I think these covers are beautiful, some of them you might think it's strange...

Aesthetic(Color matching/art):
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
I really like the darker colors used in this cover and the art or illustration looks really nice.

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan
I really really like red and black together, I also love that it's silhouette! It also looks very pretty and elegant! I love the design on this one too.

Atmosphere and feel of the cover:
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn
Makes me feel like it's perfect to read at a certain time of year. Just looking at the cover makes me feel like I am ready for Christmas or Winter. Very very cute design!

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
This cover makes me feel like that I could just fly away, it has a certain magical feeling.

Heartbeat by Sharon Creech
Makes me feel like I'm in a different and colorful world.

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara Exhale by Jennifer Snyder I was drawn to this book from the cover and I think I will read it next.

message 13: by Greta (last edited Dec 31, 2012 01:54PM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Sarah, I totally agree with you about your thoughts on the Dash and Lily cover! Also the Unspoken cover I like because it makes me feel like I'm going to step into mystery when i open the book.

message 14: by Nelo (new)

Nelo (bookedunicorn) Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2) by Kendare Blake love these

message 15: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Yes...and the first book Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake I love the way Anna looks anime ish.

message 17: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (fzb28) | 40 comments Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth
These are some of my favorite :D

message 18: by Greta (last edited Jan 04, 2013 06:20AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I was just rereading some of Insurgent last night. That is a beautiful cover!

message 19: by Beatrice (last edited Jan 04, 2013 06:13AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3) by Elizabeth Chandler I find this cover sweet in a dark way... :)

message 20: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Has anyone read the Luxe series?
These covers are stunningly gorgeous!! The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen Rumors (Luxe, #2) by Anna Godbersen Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen

message 21: by Novel (new)

message 22: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Can anyone tell me if the Luxe books are good?

message 23: by Jalyn (last edited Jan 09, 2013 05:46AM) (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Greta wrote: "Can anyone tell me if the Luxe books are good?"

I loved the first one and I thought the second and third were good, but so much of this series went the complete wrong way. At the end of book 2 (I think) I bawled, and you know how much I hate to cry! It's one of those NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! moments. Then the last one made me SO UPSET that I will never ever read them again.

message 24: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Awww, the dresses are definitely gorgeous, and I want to try reading the books.

message 25: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments The dresses really are beautiful. That's the reason why I bought the books in the first place. Just be warned...the story in the first book will probably draw you in while the rest will break your heart a little more with each book until you lay there shattered on the floor while reading the last one.

message 26: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Yeesh, I'm dramatic today. Lol :D

message 27: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Sounds like it would make a good review ;)

message 28: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Are they different stories?
My favorite is the dress in the third book!

message 29: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Greta - if I remembered enough details then I would definitely write a review. As it is, I just can't remember enough and I can't put my self through that emotional dump again. Lol

Jona - Nope. All 4 books have, if I remember correctly, 5 different POV's, but they are the same 5 people through the entire series. I have a hard time picking a favorite when it comes to those dresses! They're all so pretty! It's a tie between the dress in Luxe (I love the roses on it) and Envy (the white and with a splash of red is beautiful) for me :)

message 30: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors, #2) by Susan Beth Pfeffer This World We Live In (Last Survivors, #3) by Susan Beth Pfeffer

I love these covers, and at least the first one (only one I have so far) has texture on the moon which is neat.

message 31: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Jalyn wrote: "Greta - if I remembered enough details then I would definitely write a review. As it is, I just can't remember enough and I can't put my self through that emotional dump again. Lol

Jona - Nope. Al..."

I really like the white one. Maybe I'll get that as an inspiration to my wedding dress. LOL!

message 32: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Kirsten wrote: "Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth PfefferThe Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors, #2) by Susan Beth PfefferThis World We Live In (Last Survivors, #3) by Susan Beth Pfeffer

I love these covers, and at least the first one (only one I have so far) has..."

Those covers are very hypnotizing, I like them too!

message 33: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Sounds like it would make a good review ;)"

*nods* I think I'll check em out. I love the covers! and Jalyn's reaction makes me want to read it, hehehe.

message 34: by Greta (last edited Jan 10, 2013 04:17AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I think the new Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) by Veronica Rossi looks beautiful, plus it has Perry on the cover! Love him!

message 35: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Greta wrote: "I think the new Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) by Veronica Rossi looks beautiful, plus it has Perry on the cover! Love him!"

I have to agree!!! But some says that it's not Perry on the cover because Perry is blonde, LOL!

message 36: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments either way...he is hot!! lol!

message 37: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Definitely hot!!! For me, he's still Perry!!! LOL!

message 38: by Marie (new)

Marie | 257 comments I think that guy is blond but a dark blond. Anyway, I thought it didn't look a lot like Perry at first because of his hair and his clothes but now that I've read the book, it make senses. But I still feel like this guy is way too ''pretty'' to be Perry loll. Perry is attractive but he's not pretty to me ;).

I got This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers not so long ago and I really like the cover. I love the color and the feel to it.

Some others covers that I really in the books I've recived are the covers for The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima . I was surprised because I hated them when I ordered the book but they're so much better than I thought. They're actually really shinny and pretty.

message 39: by Alexa (new)

Alexa | 51 comments Love these!!
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi Across the Universe by Beth Revis A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows

message 40: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I agree! Looking forward to Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi

message 41: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I thought it would be already in here...but Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton and Everbound (Everneath, #2) by Brodi Ashton are gorgeous covers. ...I've not read them yet, but they make me feel like that character is going to be walking into a dream/fantasy world.

message 42: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I love the covers of Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1) by Susan Dennard A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) by Libba Bray The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray

message 43: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Greta wrote: "I thought it would be already in here...but Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton and Everbound (Everneath, #2) by Brodi Ashton are gorgeous covers. ...I've not read them yet, but they make me feel like that characte..."

I love the second cover.

message 44: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Mishma wrote: "Greta wrote: "I thought it would be already in here...but Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton and Everbound (Everneath, #2) by Brodi Ashton are gorgeous covers. ...I've not read them yet, but they make me feel like..."

I agree, the second cover is prettier. :)

message 45: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments just read Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker which i thought was a pretty cover

message 46: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments I LOVE the cover! I'm still reading the book. Kind of difficult on a work day. Lol

message 47: by Arizel紫 (new)

message 48: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 73 comments Arizel紫 wrote: "Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows"

Oooh, that one's pretty! Is it good though? I find SO many books where I fall in love with the cover and then the writing is really..um...bad.

message 49: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85693 comments Mod
Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1) by Trisha Leigh Winter Omens (The Last Year, #2) by Trisha Leigh
........ Betrayals in Spring (The Last Year, #3) by Trisha Leigh Summer Ruins (The Last Year, #4) by Trisha Leigh
I like the way these join up ☺

Also, has anyone checked out the other international covers for cinder? They are so pretty!
Cinder (Crónicas lunares, #1) by Marissa Meyer Cinder (Měsíční kroniky, #1) by Marissa Meyer Cinder by Marissa Meyer Cinder (Cròniques lunars, #1) by Marissa Meyer

message 50: by Erin (new)

Erin Latimer | 73 comments Ooh, I like those ones for Cinder better! I want!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.