Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > LizH's December and end of year stats

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Since I won't start a new book and finish it before year end, I thought I would post my totals a couple of days early. In eager anticipation for 2013, I am planning, organizing and revamping reading lists for 2013.
December books:
92. Almost Perfect by Susan Mallery 12-1-12
93. Finding Perfect by Susan Mallery 12-2-12
94. Deadlock by Sara Paretsky 12-8-12
95. My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr 12-8-12
96. Only Mine by Susan Mallery 12-11-12
97. Only Yours by Susan Mallery 12-12-12
98. Only His by Susan Mallery 12-15-12
99. Summer Days by Susan Mallery 12-22-12
100. Killing Orders by Sara Paretsky 12-24-12
101 Summer Nights by Susan Mallery 12-24-12
102. All Summer Long by Susan Mallery 12-28-12
103. A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery 12-29-12

I had wanted to hit my goal of 100 and I did, but as discussed in another area, quantity, not quality was the main theme. So, lesson learned, I won't strive for such lofty goals next year, I will stay in by normal 75-85 range.

Memorable reads:

The Peach Keeper and The Girl Who Chased the Moon both by Sarah Addison Allen; Fallen and Criminal by Karin Slaughter; Killer Swell, Wicked Break, and Liquid Smoke by Jeff Shelby; The 50 Shades trilogy by E.L. James; Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan; Witness by Nora Roberts.

message 2: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1114 comments I enjoy the Susan Mallery books, light reading but usually fun.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14290 comments Liz: A good month and sensible approach to your 2013 reading goals! Karin Slaughter was a top author for me this year as well!
LizH wrote: "In eager anticipation for 2013, I am planning, organizing and revamping reading lists for 2013.
Memorable reads: Fallen and Criminal by Karin Slaughter"

message 4: by Dan in AZ (last edited Dec 29, 2012 11:01AM) (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments Good year, Liz, and I enjoyed the Jeff Shelby books too.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments I also love Jeff Shelby's Noah Braddock books. I love his Stay At Home Dad cozies, too. They're funny. I read fewer books this year than last and had fewer highly rated ones.

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments FYI to the group; I will probably set up our end of the year tallies, just have to get myself organized. Maybe I'll do this when I settle down with a New Years Day glass of champagne in front of the fire. This might make for some entertaining posts!

message 7: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2963 comments Have a few glasses of champagne. The stats will be more interesting then.

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments Great year for you Liz! I need to clean-up my "book-book" to start off the new year :)

message 9: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3495 comments I'll bring my book journal up to date tomorrow. I think I have 1 or 2 books still that have to be done. and I'm only up to november on my GRs bookcase so hopefully I'll be able to finish that up too. I'm pretty shore I didn't hit 150 unless I go back and take the short ones I read that I wasn't counting which was anything under 100 pages. 2013 is oh so going to be different.
I have a few mallery books for the nook I hope to get to them soon. today I deleted all the holiday books (epubs) and filed the downloads away on the mac. I'm not one for reading holiday books after the so called holiday.