YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
This topic is about The Iron Knight
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > THE IRON FEY SERIES by Julie Kagawa - Reading 'Iron Queen' from November 1st, and 'Iron Knight' from November 6th 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 240 (240 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Jonababez | 2458 comments We're going to read The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa , The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa , The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa and The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa on January 4.
Feel free to join! :)

message 2: by Greta (new) - added it

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Reminder: these can count for the Winter White Challenge :)
Plus, they're really good !!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Yay!!! I've only read the first book, and I'm looking forward on reading the rest. :)

message 4: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Jona,are you going to start from the first book,or continue from the second one?

Jonababez | 2458 comments I'm going to reread the first book, then go on to the next. :)

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Yay I can't wait I’ve only finished the first book as well, but I’m definitely looking forward to reading the rest in the series.

Jonababez | 2458 comments Yay!!! That's nice! I'm excited to read this series! ;)

message 8: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Me too.I can't wait to meet Ash.

message 9: by trav (new)

trav Wait guys can I read them too with you guys?????

message 10: by trav (new)

trav And also I'm a little confused.... Do we post all of our thoughts on the books (The Iron Fey series) here in this thread? Or is there going to be a separate thread for each book in the series????????

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments I would love to join :)

message 12: by Agent Dream (new)

Agent Dream | 1 comments I'll join :)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments are we doing the half books too?

message 14: by trav (new)

trav Tayla wrote: "are we doing the half books too?"

I don't think so...

message 15: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Hoot wrote: "And also I'm a little confused.... Do we post all of our thoughts on the books (The Iron Fey series) here in this thread? Or is there going to be a separate thread for each book in the series????????"

All the books in the same thread Hoot.

message 16: by Mishma (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

Mishma Nixon Tayla wrote: "are we doing the half books too?"

I was wondering the same thing.Are we also going to read Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5) by Julie Kagawa and Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5) by Julie Kagawa ?

Jonababez | 2458 comments Hoot wrote: "Wait guys can I read them too with you guys?????"

Sure, you can join Hoot!

message 18: by Jonababez (last edited Jan 01, 2013 06:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonababez | 2458 comments Tayla wrote: "I would love to join :)"

Yay, excited to read with you Tayla!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Agent Dream wrote: "I'll join :)"

Yay too!

Jonababez | 2458 comments Hi everyone!

This thread is for the whole series. You'll just post your thoughts here.
We're going to start reading The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa , so we will be on the same pace. :)

message 21: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon I started The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa .I am currently in the second chapter,what about you all?

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments halfway through with the host. Im going to start these after i finish that

Jonababez | 2458 comments Any thoughts so far?

Jonababez | 2458 comments Now reading The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa

message 25: by Morgan (new)

Morgan For the Iron Daughter I'm on chapter 12 I've heard people say its not that great but so far it's really good. But there's still half of a book to determine my opinion. Loveeeee Ash and Puck. I can already tell who she's gonna end up with but for some reason I can't favor either of them.

message 26: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon I am getting slow with this book.I haven't finished the first book yet,because of school,but I hope I'll catch up.

Jonababez | 2458 comments Morgan wrote: "For the Iron Daughter I'm on chapter 12 I've heard people say its not that great but so far it's really good. But there's still half of a book to determine my opinion. Loveeeee Ash and Puck. I can ..."

You're also Team Ash? LOL! I just started the second book today.

Jonababez | 2458 comments Mishma wrote: "I am getting slow with this book.I haven't finished the first book yet,because of school,but I hope I'll catch up."

The first book is really slow, but it'll get better.

message 29: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon It does?Really?
That's a relief.
Truth to be told,I found it a little boring,and I really wanted to like this book.If only I could get more time to read.

Jonababez | 2458 comments That's what I felt too. That's why I only gave it 4 stars. But I'm still giving it a chance since everybody loves it.

message 31: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Just finished Iron Daughter gave it 4 stars. Will be reading Iron Queen either sometime this week or next :)

message 32: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon I totally forgot about this thread.
Anyway,I finished Iron Daughter,but I guess I need to reread the first two again before I go for Iron Queen.

Jonababez | 2458 comments I haven't read the third book too! :)
Going to start sooN!

When will you start it?

message 34: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Any day's okay with me Jona.How about you?

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments *****************************************************
Jenny, Mishma and I are going to read an Iron Fey series starting July 6.

everyone is invited to join in. :)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I'm reading The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa now. :)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments is it good? i noticed it's one of the most listed series when someone asks for book recommendations.

message 38: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I placed a hold for the first book. If I can get it before you start then I will join you. I really like her Blood of Eden series :)

message 39: by Martha (new)

Martha | 695 comments Might join you guys with this!

message 40: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 329 comments I'm in!! :D

message 41: by Zuzia (new)

Zuzia | 99 comments I'll join :)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments starting today! :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83068 comments Mod
Just starting iron king. It's really weird to see Ethan as a toddler after reading the lost Prince!

This totally reminds me of the film 'the labyrinth' where the girl has to go and rescue her brother from the goblin city.

message 45: by Martha (new)

Martha | 695 comments I'm on page 217 (60%) and I'm not sure what to think. Something about the storyline seems really familiar to me. Because it's always that plot line, isn't it: the best friend who belongs to a different world and a sibling gets kidnapped and the girl might be far less than ordinary in this new world. It makes me feel like I've already read it. I'm enjoying it a bit more now but I guess I just find it a bit predictable.

I was thinking something similar. It's quite predictable, and it's also quite tame compared to a lot of stories that I've read about the fae. I'm sure the faeries are much nastier and trickier in other books.

message 47: by Martha (new)

Martha | 695 comments Yeah I agree with that. :/
pg 262 - (view spoiler)

What a cop out! How can you answer a question with a riddle and call it an answer? d*mn fae.

message 49: by Martha (new)

Martha | 695 comments Haha that's true! It's always that way in fantasy books. No one likes to give a simple answer!

message 50: by Martha (new)

Martha | 695 comments Anyway I just finished this. I wasn't really impressed. A liked bits of it but got bored toward the end :(

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.