The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) The Golden Lily discussion

Eddie?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it just me, or do the VA Eddie and the Bloodlines Eddie seem like two completely different people?

Btw, what team are you on? I'm Team Angeline. :)

message 2: by Sandra (last edited Dec 29, 2012 06:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra LOL Why does every one make up teams? Are we going to play basketball or something?

I would love to see Eddie with Jill, because Eddie deserves a princess who loves him for who he is.
But I like Angeline too. And he might be with her now, but I think he will end up with Jill in the long run, because now she wants him too... I'm just wondering how it all plays out.

Eddie is not different. He's undercover! He doesn't have to be bad-ass, they are not under any kind of thread. And he deserves some 'time off' from what Rose did to him...

Shaery When reading Bloodlines, I fell in love with Eddie. There's a softer sweeter side to him. Yes he does seem different In Bloodlines. A bit more mature and taking responsibility.

LuLu Yes, of course he would be different. His best friend, Mason, was killed in Frostbite. And he couldn't do anything about. He's trying to be better than his past, you could say. And he hardly was mentioned in the VA series. In Bloodlines we get a get a closer look at Eddie. And he's not helping Rose, he's helping Sydney.

S.L.J. I like Eddie but the guy is waaaaay too noble for his own good.

Sandra I like that Eddie is bumped out about the 'fight' between Jill and Sydney. His two best friends are fighting and he doesn't know what to do because they both aren't talking. I hope the series will get back to Eddy and Jill, as it is mainly focusing on Sydney and Adrian due to their 'impossible' romance...

message 7: by S.L.J. (last edited Jan 03, 2013 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

S.L.J. Stupid question but how do you pronounce 'Castile'?

I keep saying Castiel but that's probably because I watch too much Supernatural. :P

Sandra I pronounce it Cast-aisle (if I wrote it down right lol, sometime my English leave to be desired haha)

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Chloe wrote: "yes kinda, i think hes different because of all the dramatic stuff hes been through, BUT YES HE DOES SEEM A BIT DIFFERENT! its like he never existed in VA, oh and....

TEAM JILL!"

YES! he's alot more mature, mostly because of mason's death. rose said it herfelf that he had changed. and also .....
DEFINATELY TEAM JILL, ALL THE WAY

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Chloe wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Chloe wrote: "yes kinda, i think hes different because of all the dramatic stuff hes been through, BUT YES HE DOES SEEM A BIT DIFFERENT! its like he never existed in VA, oh and......."

well he was in some of rose's combat classes, he was lissa's guardian in the feild experience and he helped rose break victor out of jail (one of my fav parts, btw)

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Chloe wrote: "oh yeh! but for some reason its hard to picture exactly wat he looks like. hes like a hard character do pictures"

GOD YES, NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY TO IMAGINE HIM THE WAY HE IS DESCRIBED, I JUST CANT DO IT. I'M JUST GOING TO STICK TO HOW I PICTURE HIM - DARK HAIR, REALLY TANNED SKINNED

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Chloe wrote: "Makaylia wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Chloe wrote: "yes kinda, i think hes different because of all the dramatic stuff hes been through, BUT YES HE DOES SEEM A BIT DIFFERENT! its like he ..."

i agree, iit's kind of that he had changed so much because of mason. he blames himself for what happened and he doesnt want that to happen again with someone else he cares about. i remember he used like partying and having fun before spokane. poor eddie

message 13: by Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict (last edited Jan 06, 2013 04:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Chloe wrote: "i know, hes been through alot, hes like traumatised. but instead of going nuts hes still the same, though become more protective with his job and the people he cares for. which u see more of elliot..."

i love a guy that's protective (a.k.a Dimitri) and the way he protects jill and cares about her is soooo cute. i really hope they together soon

S.L.J. Adrian calls him Mini Dimitri...I don't think it's a complement.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

S.L.J. wrote: "Adrian calls him Mini Dimitri...I don't think it's a complement."
Well, it wouldn't be, coming from Adrian.

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict Chloe wrote: "I KNOW.. not angeline the 'cave girl' lol i hope eddie and angeline dont get anymore serious. otherwise theirs going to be alot of commotion. OMG imagine an epic fight of jill versus angeline."

that would be funny, a fight between Jail-break and Cave-girl. jill will use her water magic and Ang will just go all caveman on her. ha lol. ha that funny, Mini dimitri, adrians kind of insulting both eddie and dimitri (sorry comrade) Jill and eddie NEED to get together and i don't really care how much commotion there is, i just want them to be together. they deserve it after everything they've gone through

message 17: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie I saw diferences between VA Eddie and Bloodlines Eddie too and I'm team Jeddie always.

Cecilia Vazquez TEAM JILL
Eddie did change in the Bloodlines he takes his work more seriously and is really dedicated to Jill.
Mini-Dimitri I think its a compliment I mean Dimitri is a bad ass guardian that meens Eddie is going in the same direction as Dimitri wich is a good thing =)

S.L.J. Cecilia wrote: "TEAM JILL
Eddie did change in the Bloodlines he takes his work more seriously and is really dedicated to Jill.
Mini-Dimitri I think its a compliment I mean Dimitri is a bad ass guardian that meens..."

Adrian has admitted that he has a grudging respect for Dimitri but he also always says that he's boring and can't relax. Eddie is a little more outgoing than Dimitri and he owns up to his mistakes.

Dimitri has never even apologised to Adrian.

Cecilia Vazquez why would Dimitri Apologise to Adrian?????

S.L.J. Cecilia wrote: "why would Dimitri Apologise to Adrian?????"

why? really?

Cecilia Vazquez Yes it was not his fault he was in love with Rose yes they made a mistake but I don't think thery have to apologise for following their hearts

S.L.J. Cecilia wrote: "Yes it was not his fault he was in love with Rose yes they made a mistake but I don't think thery have to apologise for following their hearts"

I think they should apologise for not being honest to a man they both consider a good and loyale friend.

Cecilia Vazquez well Rose did apologise to him Adrian knew she dint love him the way she loved Dimitri but yet he choose to stay with her

message 25: by JJ (last edited Mar 02, 2015 06:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JJ Back to topic, let me start by saying that I finished all the books but have been going back to reread scenes here and there.

That said, I think Eddie went through a lot in the VA series, he was present from book one where he didn't really take being a guardian serious and was more focus on having fun, then book two happens and his whole outlook on being a guardian changes.

In book three you see him dealing with the guilt because the whole time he was out of it (he was fed from) and was useless in the whole operation. At the same time he is trying to be the best so he never looses someone again and at the end of the book he was fed from again.

In the 4th book he's a little more like his old self (Personally I think its because he was able to face Strigoi again and this time he was able to put up a fight). By this point he has built an idea of what it's like to be a guardian.

In the 5th book he defines his loyalties. Yes, he is a guardian and his mission in life to to keep the Moroi safe, but his loyalties go to his friends first. (He helped break Victor out of prison, no questions asked).

In the 6th book, while serving as a guardian to Lissa he accidentally kills a Moroi. Now this is a moral line that he had never encountered before that clearly carries consequences.

Eddie's character developed in VA but its in Bloodlines that we see how all those experiences shaped him. The only complain I have about his character is that I would have liked to see the effects of him being used as a feeder by Strigoi.

For me, it's Jill who made a 180 turn from VA to Bloodlines. I get that finding out she is a Dragmir(?) flipped her life upside down, but she reminds me of Lissa in this series and I don't mean that as a compliment.

As for what team or ship I support, it would have to be Eddie and Mia. I don't know why, I just think those two would suit each other.