Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Confused: Joseph Mazzini & Giuseppe Mazzini the same Author?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by My (last edited Dec 28, 2012 06:59PM) (new)

My Pseudonym | 2 comments It looks like Joseph Mazzini and Giuseppe Mazzini are one and the same. If this is the case, would it be appropriate to merge them together as Giuseppe (Joseph) Mazzini? This author is also listed as J.M. (Joseph Mazzini) Wheeler on Amazon further adding to the confusion. I'm not sure if the author was using a pseudonym for some of his books and if it's best to stick to the official listings. I was looking to add The Christian Doctrine of Hell among others as the author's collection is incomplete. Thanks.

message 2: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5329 comments The Library of Congress has him as Giuseppe Mazzini (98 works), so I would put that as primary author name and put Joseph Mazzini in second position for the two books that are on Joseph's profile.

message 3: by Vicky (last edited Dec 29, 2012 12:01PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments There are two different authors here.

Giuseppe Mazzini is an Italian politician/journalist, see his Wikipedia profile.

Joseph Mazzini Wheeler is the British writer known for Biographical Dictionary of Freethinkers, Crimes of Chrstianity, etc. Which I would guess is the correct author for The Christian Doctrine of Hell and explains the initials on Amazon.

I've cleaned up the authors so we have Giuseppe Mazzini and Joseph Mazzini Wheeler.

message 4: by My (new)

My Pseudonym | 2 comments Vicky wrote: "There are two different authors here.

Giuseppe Mazzini is an Italian politician/journalist, see his Wikipedia profile.

Joseph Mazzini Wheeler is the British writer known for Biographical Dictiona..."

Ah, fantastic. Thanks for your help on this.