Friends with Books discussion

Looking for Alaska
This topic is about Looking for Alaska
Monthly Reads: Young Adult > Looking for Alaska

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Discuss Looking for Alaska here!

Oh John Green you come into my heart again so soon. I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up sobbing by the end of this. I read that the first part was slow but the second half makes up for it. Something to keep in mind. Anyone else read any John Green books?

I'm trying to download the audio version from my library or something... hopefully it works out.

message 2: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) I've only read Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green (that is John Green right? with David Leviathan, I believe). Too bad I have a full plate for this month or I'd definitely get into this one!

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana It is. Well that's alright. I would love to hear how Will Grayson, Will Grayson, was because I want to read that this year.

message 4: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) I loved it! I believe I gave it 5 stars. It's really funny and was quite intelligently written as well, if you know what I mean. My brother read it shortly after I did and he also liked it a lot. We talk about it often actually. haha

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Haha... that's nice that you and your brother read the same books. I think I know what you mean. The characters are most likely witty like the characters in The Fault in Our Stars.

message 6: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) They are quite witty, you're right!

We don't read the same books on purpose! He was just looking for book recommendations with gay characters and so I told him to read Wallflower and Will Grayson.

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Still. My brother never asks me for book recommendations. I wouldn't know what to tell them anyways both my brothers are the analytical types...